Replacement batteries?

Started by Rancanfish, April 13, 2015, 03:46:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reel 224

That probably explains why my right hand is so swollen and arthritic, but no screw was harmed in the process. :o ;D 
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

newfuturevintage

Quote from: alantani on April 13, 2015, 10:33:21 PM
worst case, the base will pop off pretty easily.  i just tried. then it's a matter of pulling out the old ni-cad battery and replacing with a new one.  hey, one man put it together, another can take it apart, figure out how they work and fix them, right?  that's what we're all about!   ;D

^^^

I've also used a battery rebuilding service in the past before I'd realized they're pretty easy to rebuild at home. I think it was out of Washington state and called something imaginative like "battery rebuilders dot com".

handi2

Quote from: alantani on April 14, 2015, 05:16:38 AM
it's tough when you've got a dozen a day......   :-\

So true.!! I couldn't do without them. I use the Milwaukee M4 and have another for backup.
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

Tightlines667

Rebuilding NiMh and Cad batreries is easy enough, but as a safety reminder...Do not attempt to build or dissasemble LiPo packs.  Also, always properly dispose of old packs.  Sometimes a trip to the freezer, and a series of full trickle charge/quick drain cycles can restore an old pack that has memory.  I have a programable charger (avail through hobbie supply stores), that can do this for you.
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

Rancanfish

Quote from: LTM on April 13, 2015, 07:50:40 PM
I bought the Panasonic (which makes the Milwaukee without the extra price) which is on the label of the Milwaukee. Anywho, heres the best upgrade battery which Ive bought a couple that are holding up well:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/251610679690?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

The price is right too,

Leo

Thanks Leo,  I just put in my order,  free shipping too!
I woke today and suddenly nothing happened.

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!