volleyball champs!

Started by alantani, December 07, 2010, 06:02:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alantani

my 12 year old goes to miller middle school and plays for the "C" team.  to make the team, you only have to play well, but you also have make the height requirement.  yup, you have to be 5 foot 3 inches tall or less.  they played against their arch rival, kennedy middle school, and they won!!!!! sorry, no actions shots or video, just the team photos and my kid.  sorry, gotta rest my voice now.  i'm hoarse from all the yelling. 

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

broadway

Hey Alan,
    Wow!  I never heard of a volleyball team where the height requirement is to be LESS than 5' 3"... thought it was a tall person's game?  Do they lower the net? ;D  Congrats to the team...your daughter looks just like you! Gotta love the smiles!
Dom

Roger

Way to go, you've got some mighty happy kids there and some real proud parents.....
Roger

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."   Mark Twain

Phinaddict

The Lady Mustangs rock!
Playing team sports as a teen pays back dividends later in life; it's great to see your daughter loves it!
The Two Rules of Success:
1. Don't tell everything you know

kamuwela

congrats ms tani great job keep it up girl

Bryan Young

Woot, woot, woot.  Congrats!!!
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Steve-O

WoooHooooo! Congrats, Alan, for your girl's team win.

I do have one question.

If there is a height restriction qualification to be on the team, is the net lowered from the standard women's volleyball net height of 7' 4.125"?  Just wondering since it would seem logical if no one is over 5' 3" then the net could be lowered accordingly without giving away a spiking advantage.

Steve-O

alantani

i don't know about the height of the net, but no one is spiking the ball! ;D
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!