7000 C3 alarm spring

Started by sk8tr83, April 15, 2015, 08:31:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sk8tr83

Hello, i am having a problem w the alarm spring slipping off the alarm pawl when alarm is engaged. The spring is discontinued. Is there a way i can modify ( or stretch ) it? Any help on this will make my customer very happy!! Thank you, Glen

alantani

this is one of those times when i'd need to have the reel in hand to actually fiddle with it long enough to figure out an answer.  we need ken back.  he'd likely know right away.   :-\
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

I think there were a couple different styles, is this the one with the 2 plastic arms that have the thin springs attached?

Bryan Young

Pictures would help in this situation.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

sk8tr83

Hey guys, i fixed it. Here is what i did. Took the spring off, i then noticed the spring was slightly deformed so i just put it on a small screwdriver and forced the spring the opposite way and tightened it up, this gave the end that contacts the alarm pawl just a little more length. Re installed and now works no problem at all! Also bent the alarm pawl back to 90 degrees. Thank you for the reply's, tight lines to all! Glen