Squidder freespooling

Started by bestout, April 15, 2015, 10:23:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bestout

Quote from: WOTHoyt on April 19, 2015, 10:53:13 PM
Hey yooo guys!  I like the hook method and it worked for me as well.  Thanks for bustin open your squidder to show me how.  I didn't feel like grinding a screw driver but the hook worked perfect.  Now my cast timing needs some practice.  I am going out this coming Teusday for Cali Yellowtail and that's my first go-to rig.

As long as you are monitoring this string...what are the McMasters numbers on stainless flat head screws for a jigmaster handle side ring for the posts?  Or remind me of where the tank lesson where you shared that information.  I can't find it.
yup its alot of freespool time without the shields but am afraid ill get soo many birdsnest ohh well
The monsters in my head are scared......

Alto Mare

Quote from: bestout on April 19, 2015, 11:25:34 PM
Hey yooo guys!  I like the hook method and it worked for me as well.  Thanks for bustin open your squidder to show me how.  I didn't feel like grinding a screw driver but the hook worked perfect.  Now my cast timing needs some practice.  I am going out this coming Teusday for Cali Yellowtail and that's my first go-to rig.

As long as you are monitoring this string...what are the McMasters numbers on stainless flat head screws for a jigmaster handle side ring for the posts?  Or remind me of where the tank lesson where you shared that information.  I can't find it.
yup its alot of freespool time without the shields but am afraid ill get soo many birdsnest ohh well
WOTHoyt, I believe these are it:
http://www.mcmaster.com/#91771A124
If you're using a Tiburon frame, I would get 1/2" in length, i you're not, you might still need to file down the 1/4" screw a little, but you could probably get away as is.

Bestout, if it gets out of hand, try these ;D :
http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=6391.msg116512#msg116512

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

otghoyt

That's awesome!  Thanks for the legwork. 

I am using a used Newell graphite seat/clamp and like to use longish screws to keep things square and tight.  I'll be able to find them from the page you pasted for me.  The Newell graphite seat/clamps are lower on the pole than the aluminum versions.  They help me a lot because I got me sum stubby, sausage lookin, nubbinses for fingers and it just makes life easier.  Besides level winds are for kids and women. 

Hoyt

Big Tim

Sal, aluminum is non magnetic, but is does interact with magnets. I wonder if the spinning spool has what they call the Lenz Effect or if the magnets are slowing down the clicker gear ? I like it and may have to try this on one of my jigmasters  ;D

Big Tim

bestout

Quote from: Alto Mare on April 20, 2015, 12:03:21 AM
Quote from: bestout on April 19, 2015, 11:25:34 PM

WOTHoyt, I believe these are it:
http://www.mcmaster.com/#91771A124
If you're using a Tiburon frame, I would get 1/2" in length, i you're not, you might still need to file down the 1/4" screw a little, but you could probably get away as is.

Bestout, if it gets out of hand, try these ;D :
http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=6391.msg116512#msg116512

Sal
This is a great idea thank you
The monsters in my head are scared......