Main Menu

Started by jl_rotary, December 07, 2010, 11:56:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jl_rotary

hello, new member here from PA.  looking forward to learning alot here.
i am a newbie as far as reel repair goes.

James
James from PA

alantani

james, welcome!  nice photo, btw.  what kind of fish is it?
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

jl_rotary

Quote from: alantani on December 08, 2010, 12:54:15 AM
james, welcome!  nice photo, btw.  what kind of fish is it?
Sorry for the late reply....
Striped Bass caught livelining bunker off Point Pleasant, NJ
Caught, Tagged, Photoed, Released :)
James from PA

kamuwela

aloha james and thanks for joining us.

Dominick

James:  Welcome.  Great fish.  I used to surf fish Bradley Beach and Point Pleasant, but never caught a fish like that...Wow!  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Bryan Young

Aloha James.  That's a lunker of a striper.  Must have been fun catching that baby.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Norcal Pescador

That's a HOG of a striper - outstanding!  Welcome aboard from northern Kahleeforneea.
Rob

Measure once, cut twice. Or is it the other way around? ::)

"A good man knows his limits." - Inspector Harry Callahan, SFPD

broadway

Hell of a fish James... what's the weight on that sow?  My biggest is 40 lbs. 2 oz., but that looks bigger.  I fished out of the Manasquan Inlet and surf fished the inlet on the Point and Squan sides not too mention every boat out of Point and Shark River.  I used to  snag 300 bunker a day in that inlet to trade for free trips on the party boats...you could walk on them they were so thick.  One of the most dedicated and skilled fisherman down the shore was my next door neighbor for about 5 years when I lived in Sea Girt. Almost all N.Y. 'ers gotta do at least a small stint in NJ to really appreciate NYC  ;D (Uh Oh...Jersey's gonna give me sh#* for that one...sorry Ellis:)  His name was Mr. Bogan (Bogan's Boat Basin, owner of a fleet of party boats, bait/tackle shops/ rod and reel repair/maker, and one of the foremost pioneers of the Jersey Shore fishery.  He was a heck of a nice guy, and patient teacher... his children run the show now (I believe he passed away).  They are also extremely talented!  Welcome aboard!
Dom

Roger

Welcome aboard from South Louisiana..........
Roger

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."   Mark Twain

Ellis Feibush

Watch out Dom...you're treading on thin ice!  Been there, done that.