112H narrow rebuild/upgrade

Started by STRIPER LOU, April 17, 2015, 11:04:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

STRIPER LOU

Hi All, bought this reel a while ago. Outside looked fairly good, inside KAPUT. With the help, guidance, and expertise of the gentlemen on this forum, here's the results.
Row 1 (out with the old)
Row 2 ( in with the new)

Parts replaced/upgraded
SS gear sleeve, SS yoke & misc parts     Scotts
Cone washer, spacer bushing and delrin  Sal          
5 Stack Drag kit                                    Bryan
SS dog and new handle                          Alan
4:1 steel gear set                                  ebay
and some misc. parts I had at the house.
It all went pretty smoothly. Pin for SS gear sleeve was a no go. Had to take a whisker off the slot. Had to remove a few thou off the spacer bushing dia. and around .015 or so off the length to get the drag to function properly. Lots of drag with Bryan's 5 Stack and very smooth with Sal's special cone washer/spacer bushing/delrin upgrade and NO handle slop. Also spent a few hours polishing here and there. I had one of these reels in the past and wasn't really impressed. Now I'm really liking It this time around and it looks like a keeper !!!! What do you think??? Thanks again to all that helped!
............................Lou                                                    

bestout

The monsters in my head are scared......

steelfish

wow.. super nice small tank  congrats
The Baja Guy

sundaytrucka

Came out nice. The red frames really do set these reels apart, looks great.

A 112H Tank is next on my list, this post is making me itch, but before I start to scratch I need to fish some reels I already modified. The 112H, tanked, in my opinion, is one of the best all around reels a person can have. You could fish most styles of fishing with a 112H

Nice work!

How much does Sal sale the Delrin washers for?
I don't know how to do everything, but I know how to get everything done.

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

Dominick

Hey Lou that looks like a twin to the original tank.  Dominick

Here it is in action.  Sal always grumbles the tank has been more places than him.   :D :D

Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

handi2

I really like the 112H reel. It's very versatile for all kind's of fishing..!!
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

STRIPER LOU

Sweet Dom. Looks even better in action and when its been built by Sal, what more could you ask for?

Shark Hunter

That's a great shot Dominick. Whenever I see your Tank, I think of this. ;)
Life is Good!

coastal_dan

Fantastic Lou!  Looks like it was done right!  Next up is pictures of it being fished.  Thanks for sharing.
Dan from Philadelphia...

Where Land Ends Life Begins...

Bryan Young

:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

gstours

Great job buddy; its a true hotrod reel, taking the best parts from each supplier and making a one of a kind reel of your own,  it should work well for years to come.  Its something you cant buy, and you had fun building it im sure.  thanks for the photos!   Thats what makes this site great!

Dominick

Daron, thanks for posting that photo.  That was my personal best rooster fish.  BTW if you keep your nose clean and watch the way I behave, you can be just like me when you grow up.   :D ;D :D ;D  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Alto Mare

Very nice job Lou, I want to see it again next to a Cow. Knowing you, that won't be long ;).
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

SacFly

You did a sweet job on that one.  Nice pics too!