Santa came early...the brown santa that is.

Started by Steve-O, December 08, 2010, 03:58:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve-O

Looks like I've been a good boy this year....or at least when it counted. The UPS driver dropped off a Christmas goodie today. Since I bought if for myself, I thought I'd peek a wee bit then wrap it and slip it under the tree. This should go quite nicely with my two piece stand up rod and gimballed fighting belt that are already under the tree.  ;D ;D ;D

I'll be going through the Omoto VS 10 tutorial when I open this one up to pre-service it thoroughly before getting it wet next year.

Anyway here's a couple of pics.

The box with the reel specs listed

Table top view

The Low gear button

The line capacity

Other than being overly robust-read HEAVY- I think it's not bad for a Benjamin and a sawbuck. We''ll see how it holds up next year.

Steve-O

alantani

i just finished going through one of these.  they have dry carbon fiber drag washers so i would recommend grease.  all of the bearings are shielded and oiled inside.  i opened up the spool bearings and relubed them.  non-spool bearings were packed with grease.  the reel should last a long time.  this is the trend that i see from taiwan.  the taiwanese, at least, are listening. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Black Pearl

That is a good stuff.... Trust me.... You will not be sorry... The only problem you will have will be getting part from Pelagic in Australia. Their USA office is closed up.... I do have parts for it...  :)