Stock under gear washer on Senators?

Started by sundaytrucka, April 19, 2015, 06:52:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sundaytrucka

I bought one of Adam's inserts for the 113H, everything went together great, while installing I noticed the under gear washer that came with the insert looks very similar to the stock under gear washer material.

What material is the stock under gear washers made of?

Thank you, Scott.
I don't know how to do everything, but I know how to get everything done.

fIsHsTiiCkS

Sal, might be able to answer this better. But I do not think it is the same thing. The stock is a plastic material, however the delrin that came with the kit is much smoother in my opinion.

Tiddlerbasher

sundaytrucka

I have no doubts in the advantage of delrin for the smoothness, but was wondering what material the stock was made of.

I was asking to inquire if that stock washer could be used on top of the main gear, in-between the thick washer from Adam's kit, and the stock Penn belleville washer.

I know, just order some delrin washer from Dawn.

Alto Mare

Quote from: fIsHsTiiCkS on April 19, 2015, 07:23:08 PM
Sal, might be able to answer this better. But I do not think it is the same thing. The stock is a plastic material, however the delrin that came with the kit is much smoother in my opinion.
I don't know Jason, I feel that the washer that comes from Penn isn't the same as a Delrin, but could be wrong. I tried to snap both, the Delrin gave me a harder time :-\.
I contacted Steve Carson a while back about that washer, he wasn't sure and gave me other contacts. I left a couple of emails and never heard back from anyone, I was disappointed.
I thought as consumers we had the right to ask about the type of material used on the reel we purchase, I guess not. :-\
Maybe someone else could get to the bottom of it.
Never the less, I'm happy with my Delrin from McMasterCarr.
Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

day0ne

David

"Lately it occurs to me: What a long, strange trip it's been." - R. Hunter

bluefish69

Dawn told me on the phone that they were Delrin

Mike
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

sundaytrucka

Thank you for all the replies.

Thanks Mike, that may confirm things.

I went ahead and installed the OEM under gear washer on top of the drag stack, in-between the thick keyed washer from Adam and the stock belleville washer, whatever the material it should work fine.

Thanks again,
Scott