knobs&tbars

Started by wallacewt, December 08, 2010, 05:51:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wallacewt

recieved my knobs &tbars from smoothdrag.they were already greased but i did them again,naturally ::).a few little glitches,nothing major.got the reels purrin like kittens,fishing restrictions are lifted here on the 15th dec;after being closed since 1st oct;going to swap knobs&tbars around until i find a happy combo but ill start the way you see them.appear solid enough but they have to be in my hands,im a
bit rough.15th u bewdy sams-on.cheers alan is going to add a couple of photos

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Roger

That looks too good to fish  ;D I just might have to give Dawn a call after Christmas.....
Roger

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."   Mark Twain

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

wallacewt

just a bit of trivia,if you notice the tld5 rod at the top. Drag 7lb,that has nothing to do with the reel.thats the working drag of the rod with a little in reserve.i test every rod and each reel has its own rod.every rod is so marked,just makes it easy on myself.about 20.i dont own any star drag reels,,2 eggbeaters which i won and dont use.i dont have them,so i dont have to worry about setting  the drag all the time.just me.cheers

Roger

Where did that gold handle come from?
Roger

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."   Mark Twain

wallacewt

the gold handles came from smooth drag.i think i got the last 2.they have black,silver and grey.cheers