Big Hammerhead Challenge

Started by Shark Hunter, April 21, 2015, 05:23:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shark Hunter

There is a Shark Tournament held every year called the BHC. Big Hammerhead Challenge. Its usually only in Florida, but they are branching out this year to Georgia, North and South Carolina too.
I wish I lived closer to the coast. There are some big Prizes this year, including a 20/0 Everol!
This is the biggest so far. These guys are from the Sarasota Area. I'm guessing this is around Siesta Key.
13'2" Female Great Hammer. I'm estimating her weight to be around 800 lbs minimum. What a Monster!

Life is Good!

Tiddlerbasher

OMG :o They are in the water - The shark is in the water

Three se7ens

I know where to find one bigger. See it every year in the same area

Shark Hunter

Lots of great shots of these guys fishing their hearts out. This 9'2" hammer was caught with a 12/0 on 80lb test and old asbestos drag washers. I forgot to mention. Biggest shark winner not only gets a 20/0 Everol, But 10 G's! :o
Life is Good!

Alto Mare

Well, if that's the case, I better pack my gear and show you boys how its done ;) ;D. 10 G's would be nice.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

bestout

Quote from: Alto Mare on April 21, 2015, 08:43:37 PM
Well, if that's the case, I better pack my gear and show you boys how its done ;) ;D. 10 G's would be nice.
8) 8) 8) 8)
The monsters in my head are scared......

Shark Hunter

I'm headed that way Sal after next week. I got room for one more.
You have to Kayak the baits out. ;D
This Manta Ray was caught too. Look at the size of that Beast! Caught on 80 lb test. Reel looked like a TLD.
Life is Good!

Marcq

Wow!! Pretty impressive  :o

Marc..