Near Mint Silver Jigmaster Accuplates Assemblies with Newell 5:1 Gears

Started by Vintage Offshore Tackle, April 22, 2015, 07:09:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vintage Offshore Tackle

I have a friend who wants the Accuframe from this reel, which I would love to sell to him but I don't want to take it apart until I sell the Accuplates.  The Accuplates feature the later "laser-etched" graphics, and I originally sold these Accuplates as a new in the box kit and just bought them back.  They do not appear to have seen any use, but they do have a couple of significant scratches on the left side from handling over the years.  I would rate the right side as a 9.5 on a 10 scale and the left side as a 9 on a 10 scale.  I can sell them as the kit came from Accurate with the bearings, clicker, screws and the nylon bushing that goes under the eccentric lever for $150, or as complete assemblies including all of the internal parts and the smoothest set of 5:1 Newell gears that I have ever tried (all that you would need to complete the reel would be the frame, spool and handle) for $185.  I can only upload four photos in this post, but if these prices work for you, I would be happy to email you a full set of good close ups if you send me your email address.  You can reach me here, or by email at rfpauly@aol.com.

Thanks,

Randy

Bryan Young

It would be a real shame to cannibalize that frame and sideplate.  It's a matched set.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Rancanfish

Hey Randy, how much for the whole reel normally?

That way Bryan can sleep, lol.

Edited, I just realized that makes it equal to a 506. (but better, eh)?
I woke today and suddenly nothing happened.

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Quote from: Rancanfish on April 22, 2015, 03:30:27 PM
Hey Randy, how much for the whole reel normally?

That way Bryan can sleep, lol.

Edited, I just realized that makes it equal to a 506. (but better, eh)?

Randy, for you, the whole reel would be $245 with a new Penn 24-155 black-knob handle, or $235 if you want to use one of your Pro Gear handles.  As to this one being better than an Accurate 506HS, most people who trick out their Penns seem to prefer the Newell 5:1 gears over the stock Penn 5:1 506HS gears, so I guess that this reel would be better in that regard, and this one has an adjustable and easily replaced right side bearing, while the 506HS right side bearing is pressed into the Accuplate and not easily removed.  Otherwise, I think that it's pretty much six of one or a half-dozen of the other from a fishing standpoint, but for a collector, the 506HS Accuplates are harder to find and probably more collectible.

Thanks,

Randy

Rancanfish

Ok Randy, lets do it.  I'll go the $235 route, I just picked up a handle in my trades thread, so I have it covered.

Bryan Young

:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Quote from: Rancanfish on April 22, 2015, 05:35:08 PM
Ok Randy, lets do it.  I'll go the $235 route, I just picked up a handle in my trades thread, so I have it covered.

Dear Randy,

I just realized that you haven't seen that there are some light scratches on the back side of the frame (the site only allows you to post four photos per post), and I want to make sure that you know what you are getting before you send the money, so here is a close up of the back of the frame.  I am going to go ahead and send you a Paypal invoice for $240 which includes $5 for shipping by Priority Mail with tracking, but if the scratches are a problem, just let me know and I will cancel the invoice.

Thanks,

Randy

Rancanfish

No prob Randy.  Paypal'd already.  Thanks.  My first tank, yay!

Bryan, when you wake up we'll have to check out the drags and see whats up, eh?

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Thanks for the instant payment Randy.  I have printed the shipping label and carefully packed up your new baby and it will go out today by Priority Mail.  The tracking number is 9405509699938392301316, and you should have it on Friday.  I hope that you and Bryan have fun tricking it out, and that you put it to good use soon.

Thanks again,

Randy

Bryan Young

I'm sure it only has a 3 stack.  I'd say fish it first then if you need to upgrade, I'll be here to help.

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Quote from: Rancanfish on April 22, 2015, 05:35:08 PM

Randy, as I was going out the door to the post office, I realized that we forgot about the aluminum Penn 100 spool that you wanted a few weeks ago.  Do you still want it?  If so, it's no problem to repack the box.  If not, no problem.

Thanks,

Randy

Rancanfish

Sorry I had to go do a job so I could pay for the reel.  Just got back a while ago.

I would like the spool if it's not too late.

Randy

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Quote from: Rancanfish on April 23, 2015, 02:22:15 AM
Sorry I had to go do a job so I could pay for the reel.  Just got back a while ago.

I would like the spool if it's not too late.

Randy

Randy, I hope that you didn't have to kill someone or sell your body for that reel!  I didn't want to delay shipping the reel, so it's on its way already, but I can ship the spool by First Class Parcel, so $15 would cover it delivered, or if you are not in a hurry, we can wait.

Thanks again,

Randy

Rancanfish

Ding me, mail it out whenever.  I am still waiting on the reel it's going in.

fIsHsTiiCkS