The Penn Reels Collector's Companion and Price Guide

Started by Tightlines667, April 28, 2015, 03:38:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tightlines667

For those that don't already know, Mike Cacioppo's book..

"The Penn Reels Collector's Companion and Price Guide"

is now available.  You can order it here...

http://www.whitefishpress.com/bookdetail.asp?book=198

I ordered mine late last week, and it arrived at my doorstep this afternoon.  Although, I have yet to read it in its entirity, it definately appears to be a 'must have' for any penn enthusiast, or collector.  This book appears to have alot of information, and some recent exciting discoveries that did not make it into his first book, and contains a very useful price guide.  This book arrived just in the nick of time for me, and I am diving right in. 

Thanks again Mike for this wonderful work!
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

Jerseymic

I ordered mine at the beginning of last week, usually takes a couple of weeks to get to the U.K.

As of yesterday it is at O'Hare International, Chicago, can't wait to get my hands on it!!

Penn Chronology

This work is a product of three years of articles published in the ORCA magazine, The Reel News plus a Price Guide of the first 25 years of Penn reels. It is not constructed like the first book and it is in black and white rather than color, basically to keep the price down. The Price Guide is, my opinion of values of early Penn reels and of course is meant as a guide rather than a absolute value.

There is a surprise short "Afterword"" section after the chapters , but before the Price Guide which may interest the Alan Tani members.

Hope everyone likes my new work!

Thanks,

Mike C.

Maxed Out

Great book Mike, and at a great price.

It's tough to put a price on reels, as the vary so much in condition and originality (as explained in the book). For sure I think you nailed it and what a gold mine for collectors, enthusiasts, history buffs, and all the estate sale junkies. Only complaint I have is the guy in Hawaii got his one day before me. Whats up with that Mike ?? I thought we were close buddies and now all a sudden a guy in Hawaii is above me ?? Ha ha, Hawaii sounds darn good, smart move Mike.
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Penn Chronology

QuoteI thought we were close buddies and now all a sudden a guy in Hawaii is above me ??

I have no idea how that happened. I will get with the publisher and do a complete investigation of these occurrences. Possibly someone got paid off or there was an offer that could not be refused that I did not know about. Anyways, the next book will have a special ""Ted Only"" price guide for those collectors that want the shiniest reels on Earth.... ;D ;D ;D ;D

Jerseymic

Hi Mike,

Your new book has now arrived, excellent work, just in time for me to take on holiday!!

Mike.

Penn Chronology

QuoteYour new book has now arrived, excellent work, just in time for me to take on holiday!!

I hope you like it..

Jerseymic

broadway

I can't wait to get mine... I got some more learning to do!
Are the limited editions close?  8)
Thanks for doing this Mike! I love #1 (The Bible!)
Dom

Penn Chronology

QuoteAre the limited editions close?

Yes, they are very close.

broadway