Three Kings NZ

Started by Clem, April 28, 2015, 12:22:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clem

Hey Guys

It's been a while, now back living in NZ..my wife and I were fortunate to have twins last year and decided it was time to leave the Middle East and return home. We have a boy named Ethan and a girl named Isla, lots and lots of fun and now 13months old..

Been doing a bit of fishing in amongst that and got away to the Three Kings last week with the guys from SWAGE fishing who came down to test some gear. The trip prior to ours had swells in the 6m to 8m range...fortunately that dropped off and we had very good weather as the banks we were fishing are quite exposed..anyway a few pictures below, got my PB for kingfish (YT) at 34kg with a nice Bass at 45kg...lots of Kingies in the 30kg region with the heaviest of the trip going 39kg.

wallacewt

oh my!congrats on the twins clem,did you name isla after that
great singer isla grant?
the 3rd pic doesnt look too calm with the white caps
good action pics 3rd and 11th
magic fish,oh boy

Newell Nut

Now those are some nice ones. Are there any little fish over there?

foakes

Nice fish, Clem --

But we need to see the twins -- enough of the fish!

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

johndtuttle

Best wishes and congrats on your new family.

Nice to see the success at 3 kings too, bucket list trip for sure.

:)

Clem

Quote from: foakes on April 28, 2015, 01:26:22 PM
Nice fish, Clem --

But we need to see the twins -- enough of the fish!

Best,

Fred

My little girl and boy at the ANZAC day parade last week...

redsetta

Great stuff Clem - welcome home!
Good to hear from you again.
Congrats on Ethan and Isla. We returned from Ireland back in '04 for the same reason.
Looks like you've hit the ground running!
Enchanter's the business for sure.
Look forward to hearing about the next trip.
All the best mate, Justin
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

foakes

Beautiful family, Clem --

Looks like you and your wife's priorities are in order.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Alto Mare

Nice fish, beautiful family...congratulations Clem.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Dominick

Way to go Clem on the kids and fish.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

bestout

The monsters in my head are scared......

Shark Hunter

Very Nice Clem. ;D Congrats on your twins and those big fish too. ;)
Life is Good!

Zimbass

Nice fish Clem, and even nicer twins !

Notice you are wearing your medals at Anzac day (Lest we forget). Please tell me something about them, and the family ones on the right of your jacket.

Cheers mate.

Terry.
Never was so much owed by so many to so few.

Clem

Hi Terry, my ones (left) are for operational service in Somalia 1993-94, the ones on the right were my dads, service in Korea 1951-53 and 53-55, the 2 on my son are my G Grandfathers who was in the Pioneer Battalion (France) WW1 1917-1919

Zimbass

Thanks for the response Clem. The title of your post may be pertinent to the 3 generations that served !

Terry.
Never was so much owed by so many to so few.