Does this look right to you????

Started by pjstevko, May 08, 2015, 02:48:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pjstevko

I installed the new handle on my Penn 500 and it doesn't look right to me. It looks like the knob was installed on the wrong side of the handle causing the bend to go in the opposite direction.....Am I crazy or is this handle on wrong?????

foakes

I think it is just personal preference, PJ --

Can go either way.

Knob can be easily switched to other side of crank -- to see if that looks better to you.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Marcq

Quote from: foakes on May 08, 2015, 02:58:17 PM

Knob can be easily switched to other side of crank
Best,

Fred
That's one thing I don't like with these knob, once you threadlock them, there's no way to take them off unless you drill a hole on top to have access to the screw

Marc..

pjstevko

Quote from: Marcq on May 08, 2015, 04:31:40 PM

Best,

Fred
That's one thing I don't like with these knob, once you threadlock them, there's no way to take them off unless you drill a hole on top to have access to the screw

Marc..
I can access the screw head on the knob I was just curious if this looked wrong to anyone

Fred did you receive your payment? if not it should be there tomorrow

Tightlines667

Quote from: pjstevko on May 08, 2015, 10:51:43 PM
Quote from: Marcq on May 08, 2015, 04:31:40 PM

No sir...
I don't like it.  IMO it looks better the other way round, but it really is a matter of personal preference.

Best,

Fred

Marc..
I can access the screw head on the knob I was just curious if this looked wrong to anyone

Fred did you receive your payment? if not it should be there tomorrow
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

BryanC

I think it is right as is.  While it is obviously a matter of personal preference, I think the way it is shown looks right.

Take a look at this thread:
http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=14108.0

If you look at the post by skrilla (about post #8 or so), all 3 reels have the handles oriented like the pic you showed.

fIsHsTiiCkS

It's correct. The standard orientation of the handle arm is for the bend to be facing upward.