Mag Power Madness...

Started by Aiala, May 14, 2015, 03:17:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rancanfish

Don't be too sure that the one in the box with all the frills isn't on it's way to Sal's, lol.
I woke today and suddenly nothing happened.

thorhammer

Unreal.  I bought my 990 brand new for $57 because the store list the box.  'Yessur, I'll take a whole pallet at that price...'

coastal_dan

Gadzooks, $225 and USED!  Wowzers.
Dan from Philadelphia...

Where Land Ends Life Begins...

fIsHsTiiCkS

Im telling you that this site really changes the price of reels, esp. older penns. They are great little reels, but for that price it is just not worth it anymore.

Porthos

My two 970's averaged $60 each...the first one bought 3 years ago and the second just over 1 year ago.

Thinking about shelving my first 970 until I can install pillar bedding for all the side plates screw holes on the second 970 (the parts reel), and install the enhanced plates on the first before fishing it again...

Penn Chronology

This is interesting. I have a 990 new in the box with the papers. I never thought much of it in terms of value. I guess I have to pay more attention.

Rancanfish

When I was Ebay heavy after them, I paid an average of $125+ as I recall.  That was almost a decade ago, so not surprising to me.

I think of getting rid of my stash of (8) once in a while.  They just don't get used.  Not once yet.  Great tools should be used.

I woke today and suddenly nothing happened.

Aiala

I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it!  :D

Shark Hunter

No Mags for me. I could get a descent 12 or 10/0 for that price.
Its that time of year, and the prices go through the roof if you are willing to let it.
Life is Good!

Bryan Young

Wouldn't be funny if you sold your reels only to buy it a year or two later in the off season at a way lower price?
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

basto

You guys should see the prices in Australia for USA made PENNS. There is a guy asking  $350.00 for a 113h at present.
You can get bargains if you look regularly though. I got a nice 112 recently very cheaply (for Australia) in great condition.
Looking for a 2/0 now. Going to take some time.
Basto
DAM Quick 3001      SHIMANO Spedmaster 3   Jigging Master PE5n

fIsHsTiiCkS

Quote from: basto on May 28, 2015, 01:26:21 AM
You guys should see the prices in Australia for USA made PENNS. There is a guy asking  $350.00 for a 113h at present.
You can get bargains if you look regularly though. I got a nice 112 recently very cheaply (for Australia) in great condition.
Basto

Seems like you are better off just getting a 2/0 in America and just paying the shippin. Prob still be cheaper then paying those prices

Rothmar2

Quote from: fIsHsTiiCkS on May 31, 2015, 09:50:03 AM
Quote from: basto on May 28, 2015, 01:26:21 AM
Basto

Seems like you are better off just getting a 2/0 in America and just paying the shippin. Prob still be cheaper then paying those prices

Completely agree with this comment.

basto

DAM Quick 3001      SHIMANO Spedmaster 3   Jigging Master PE5n