Bringing Your Own Beverages on the Charter...FYI

Started by sundaytrucka, May 18, 2015, 07:36:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sundaytrucka

I messaged Annemarie about bringing my own case of water and a couple cases of beer along with me. Here is what she said.

Hello Scott,

It's great that you are coming on the Spirit of Adventure this season.

You can bring your own water, beer or alcohol,  no problem as long as you keep it in your cabin.
We still charge only $1.00 for drinks, so there is no loss if people bring their own. So thank you for the offer, but no need to compensate.

The only issue really is that the cooler in the galley is accessible to everybody and someone might grab your drinks. Maybe if you bring a small cooler and refill it with ice everyday you can cool your drinks in your cabin.

We look forward to meeting you in June.

Sincerely, 

Annemarie
SPIRIT OF ADVENTURE CHARTERS

On 5/15/2015 6:45 PM, S. Rodriguez wrote:

Hello Anne Marie, 

I am taking my first LR trip, ever, with you guys aboard the SOA, longest trips for me have been overnight out of San Pedro, going to be on the Alan Tani charter, June 15th-20th.

I wanted to know if it would be ok to bring a 24 pack of bottled water to keep in my stateroom? Also if it would be acceptable to bring a couple cases of beer, which I will also store in my stateroom, and have some put in the boats cooler from day to day? I have no problem adding a tip or corkage fee for letting me keep a few beers in the cooler at any given time. Just wanted to know the boats position on this, guys have said it was fine, but being my first LR I wanted to clarify beforehand.

If I hear back from you, thank you for taking the time to read this and replying. 

-Scott Rodriguez

I don't know how to do everything, but I know how to get everything done.

alantani

probably the easiest thing to do is wrap a rubberband around it, one that has your tag number. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Aiala

I've always asked if I could bring along some non-alcoholic beer, and none of the boats have ever objected. Nice to know the SOA is no exception.   :)

~A~
I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it!  :D

alantani

these guys really are easy to get along with! 

Dominick

I'm not going on this trip but at $1.00 a beer I would buy the beer from the galley.  It will cost about $10.00 more a case purchasing beers from the boat.  Boat owners don't make a lot of money but anything toward the bottom line helps.  In Aiala's case non alcoholic beer is different.  I'm just saying.  Good fishing all.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Aiala

Hey, I'd gladly buy NA beer from the boat if they offered it, but I guess the demand just isn't there.  :-\

~A~

Dominick

Quote from: Aiala on May 19, 2015, 03:16:59 AM
Hey, I'd gladly buy NA beer from the boat if they offered it, but I guess the demand just isn't there.  :-\

~A~
I know that, you add a lot of class to this site.   :-* Dominick

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

TomT

Quote from: Aiala on Today at 07:16:59 PM
Hey, I'd gladly buy NA beer from the boat if they offered it, but I guess the demand just isn't there.  Undecided

~A~
I know that, you add a lot of class to this site.   Kiss Dominick

My wife has been searching for NA Jack Daniels or Zin.  FORTUNATELY, she has not found any yet!! ;) ;D
TomT

Dominick

Aiala

Quote from: TomT on May 19, 2015, 03:46:04 AM
My wife has been searching for NA Jack Daniels or Zin.  FORTUNATELY, she has not found any yet!! ;) ;D
TomT

I'm not much for Zin, but Ariel also makes a fairly tolerable NA Cabernet... I may just bring a bottle.  ;)

~A~

Dominick

I'm starting to feel like I am missing out on a party.  :'( Dominick

Aiala

Quote from: Dominick on May 19, 2015, 05:01:20 PM

Dominick, you are. Maybe it's time to re-think your aversion to spending a few days on a boat...?  :D

~A~

sundaytrucka

Quote from: Dominick on May 19, 2015, 05:01:20 PM

It is going to be some good times. Seems like a nice group of people.

Dominick,

In response to buying beer on the boat, I see where you are coming from and agree with you, but the selection of beers they have are limited; from my knowledge they have Coors, Buds, and Tecate (I could be wrong though, somebody please correct me if so)...I am admittedly a hipster douchebag when it comes to beer, thus the reason I am looking to bring my own.

Anybody in SoCal, check out Phantom Carriage in Carson, Ca, they have a good beer selection that changes weekly, and specialize in sour beers.

I don't know how to do everything, but I know how to get everything done.

alantani

it's always been funny.  i can drink a bourbon or scotch on the boat in the evenings with no problem.  it's just something about beer and wine on a rocking boat that unsettles my stomach.  maybe it's the volume.  even with dinner, it's been hard to have wine and that is never the case on dry land.  if we get fish tacos for lunch, though, it will have to be with a beer!

TomT

TomT.  Go here.  https://www.jlohr.com/wines/ariel/white-zin  Dominick

Dominick,
You mistake me for someone who WANTS  NA booze.   ::) ::) __Might as well drink water!! ;D ;D 
P.S,  I will hide your post from my wife ;) ;D
TomT

I remember coming of drinking age is the 60's Miller's, Budweiser, Coors, Olympia and others were the GOOD beers.  My father-in-law drank lots of beer with the name on the can---BEER.  That was the only name--did the job for him, ;D ;D ::)  TomT