113 Accuframe

Started by SoCalAngler, May 22, 2015, 01:21:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SoCalAngler

Not sure if I should post this here or on the Accurate board?

I have a mint 113 Accuframe with clamp, what do you guys think a fair price to ask would be? I have searched here and on the net but all the info on Accuframes is from very long ago. There is no box or anything just the frame and clamp. Well thats not really true I have a old maroon 113H with the drags accessible from under the handle. The only problem is that the handle side plate is broken. The reel has the original 3 stack drag washers, stainless gears, oh yeah a new aluminum spool and some of the chrome needs some love. The chrome is not fully blown out but not mint either.

I'm not sure what I should do with the reel, strip off the frame and spool and sell those? Find another side plate? I don't want to put more money into a reel I have no plans to fish or keep, so I'm not going to do a drag upgrade.

I'd like to give the guys here first shot at it for a fare price but I don't know what is the best approach is, sell the reel as is without a side plate, strip off the good bits and sell those or drop some bucks for another side plate so at least I can sell a working reel?

Any ideas or thoughts would be much appreciated.

P.S. If it matters the frame and clamp are black and so is the new spool. 

day0ne

Well, a brand new topless Tib frame and clamp is $78.95, so go from there
David

"Lately it occurs to me: What a long, strange trip it's been." - R. Hunter

SoCalAngler

Thanks for your input and that kinda makes since but a AccuFrame that has not been made for like 20 years now and maybe some collector may want one, but like I said I only have the frame and clamp. Anyone can get a Tib frame and that's great but trying to find a unfished Accuframe will be harder to find. Got any unused and un-fished Accuplates to go with the frame?

P.S. Black in color or red in color for the plates would be nice.