Beautiful day in the Baltimore Canyon

Started by coastal_dan, May 26, 2015, 05:22:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coastal_dan

We caught a huge....SKUNKfish.... ::)

But, amazing day, lots of life in the water with sightings of Sunfish, Whales, Big sharks, dolphins....just not tuna in the boat.

We were about 75 out of Avalon, NJ and it was about a 2 1/2 hour trip.  I can't get over how nice of a boat we were on...28' Southport CC.  On the way back we were doing 35-37 MPH in a 3'-5' chop with 15-20 mph winds...and she road right over....man goosebumps just thinking about it...

A couple pictures to show we were out there...not food to show, haha!

I love it out there...even though it was a PARKING LOT...hundreds of boats, a few caught fish but there seemed to be no rhyme or reason to the bite and nothing consistant on baits...

As all of us say..."That's why they call it fishing...not catching!"

Absolutely amazing day though.

Thanks for looking  ;D
Dan from Philadelphia...

Where Land Ends Life Begins...

Dominick

Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

ChileRelleno

And as they say...  Better than the best day working.
Ragnar Benson:
"Never, under any circumstances, ever become a refugee.
Die if you must, but die on your home turf with your face to the wind, not in some stinking hellhole 2,000 kilometers away, among people you neither know nor care about."

Alto Mare

Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Tightlines667

Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

coastal_dan

Sal - There was three of us, I think you max out at 4 people on these center consoles when it comes to space/seating/comfort.  This one was the 'Tournament Edition" so it only had the Coffin Box cushion and the two seats at the console. 

Funny my Dad's 23' can comfortable sit 6-8 people, but you can't fish it this hard and it wouldn't ride in those seas well at all.

Neat vessel for sure.
Dan from Philadelphia...

Where Land Ends Life Begins...

newport

Nice, wish I could go out offshore, but I'm prone to sea sickness. Those drammine pills help most times, but when it doesn't my entire trip is miserable. However, I did make reservations next wednesday on a party boat out in Cape May for black drum fishing in the Delaware Bay. Also I surf and jetty fish in Avalon a lot during the spring and fall and do very well sometimes. A lot of dusky sharks and rays in the summer too.

reelrepair123

used to fish hudson canyon 30 years ago , 100 miles offshore from fire island inlet, amazing , you don't see much life, but like you said you reach the area and it's wall to wall boats , those were the days .   harryk

BMITCH

luck is the residue of design.