Penn 349 Head Plate Needed (Red/Burgandy)

Started by handi2, May 26, 2015, 11:49:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

handi2

Like the title says I need one badly. I broke one today while spooling and not keeping up with the tension control. :-\

Thank you,

Keith
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

foakes

Hi Keith --

Have one left in burgundy -- NOS -- not sure if it is the style you need, however...

No extra hole for the second lever, if you need that -- although it could be drilled.

You are welcome to it, if it would work -- N/C.

I could send it along with the Pflueger parts -- if you have had a chance to figure out what you need yet.

Let me know.

If this is completely wrong, Lee might have one also.

Best,

Fred

The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

john2244

If you still need one let me know.  

John

Dominick

Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

theswimmer

Quote from: foakes on May 27, 2015, 12:24:29 AM
Hi Keith --

Have one left in burgundy -- NOS -- not sure if it is the style you need, however...

No extra hole for the second lever, if you need that -- although it could be drilled.

I could send it along with the Pflueger parts -- if you have had a chance to figure out what you need yet.

Let me know.

Best,

Fred

Fred ,I will buy that side plate if Keith does not need it.
There is nothing like lying flat on your back on the deck, alone except for the helmsman aft at the wheel, silence except for the lapping of the sea against the side of the ship. At that time you can be equal to Ulysses and brother to him.

Errol Flynn

handi2

Fred that is the correct plate..! I will not let you send it to me for free. I do need the handle for that old reel.

PM inbound.

Thank you,

Keith

Quote from: foakes on May 27, 2015, 12:24:29 AM
Hi Keith --

Let me know.

Best,

Fred

OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

foakes

No, Keith --

No charge.

We all screw up from time to time -- and last year when I made a rookie mistake, and broke Aiala's sideplate on her "99" -- there were more than a few folks who quickly offered me one at no charge -- and Randy sent me one -- Gratis.

As we work together to help each other when needed -- there will be little shortage of parts available.

Just got to keep paying it forward -- like you have already done so many times.

When you get a chance to send me an email on the other Pflueger stuff needed -- I will box everything up and send this plate along also.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.