Memorial Day Deep Drop

Started by Stan, May 27, 2015, 11:41:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stan

Jae and four others chartered Blind Date for another deep drop trip in Norfolk Canyon. We had a beautiful ride out and very pleasant weather until the last part of the ride home. First fish was caught within minutes of dropping, and we were rewarded with a 54 lb Golden Tilefish. Fishing was a little slow most of the day, but we ended up with two goldens, twenty nice blueline tilefish, several black bellied rosefish, and a few hake. All in all, a great day of fishing. Didn't see any other boats in the canyon, except for one commercial longliner.

theswimmer

Thanks for the report. Thats a lot of food.
How deep did you fish?
There is nothing like lying flat on your back on the deck, alone except for the helmsman aft at the wheel, silence except for the lapping of the sea against the side of the ship. At that time you can be equal to Ulysses and brother to him.

Errol Flynn

conchydong

That is a pig for sure Stan. I saw it on the other site yesterday. Way to go.

Stan

Got that one in about 100 fathoms.  We generally fish 50 fathoms for the bluelines, and between 75 and 150 fathoms for the goldens.  Couldn't find any barrelfish, wreckfish or grouper.

SacFly

That's a heck of a nice tilefish.  They are so tasty.

Steve-O

Nice report, thanks for sharing. Superb Golden Tilefish! my one and only ever caught was a tasty 10 pounder off the NC coast.

coastal_dan

Very nice Golden!  Sounds like a nice day of fishing with plenty to eat.  Can't wait to fish with you in July.
Dan from Philadelphia...

Where Land Ends Life Begins...

newport

Nice fish. How long are these trips usually?

Alto Mare

Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Dominick

Keep those fishing reports coming.  Good job.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.