This should get the blood pumping

Started by Tom McKinney, May 28, 2015, 03:39:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom McKinney

The Shogun is on the YT just up from San Martin (according to bloodydecks)  Which I believe is 16 hrs from San Diego.  Just in time for us to make it by day light even with a short stop the first afternoon. And then fish all day light and make Cedros by Wednesday morning.

MarkT

I was down there below San Martin on Sunday on the Pacific Voyager on the 2nd day of a 2 1/2 day trip. It was 175 miles from San Diego... a long way on a trip that short. We were fishing next to the Independence and the Royal Star! We had put in there on Saturday night to get out of the weather after looking all day offshore for Tuna... and not finding any.  it was real snotty out there last weekend, rough water and high winds. But, we did get 78 YT that day! There were a tonnage of Shearwaters out there and it was hard to get a bait to the fish through all the birds.  My son was out of Dana Point on Monday and said there were a lot of them there too, are they migrating this time of year?  I hope they've moved on in three weeks when we head south.
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

alantani

any word on the bait situation.  if they did well on yellow tail, i hope it means they have bait. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

SoCalAngler

Quote from: alantani on May 28, 2015, 04:21:06 AM
any word on the bait situation.  if they did well on yellow tail, i hope it means they have bait.  

I have not been down to San Diego yet because the fishing has been so good out of Orange County but from wht I hear bait is plentiful down there just as it has been up here. Mostly nice sized deans.

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Fisherman Paul

I would say tuna put up some scrap. You lucky boy.

MarkT

Bait situation is good.  Mostly 5 - 7" Sardines with some smaller Mackeral thrown in.  YT like the smaller Mac's!  We took some Anchovies for chum too.

sundaytrucka

I am ready...Poles and reel bag in hand. Cannot wait to meet everyone.
I don't know how to do everything, but I know how to get everything done.

Aiala

Um... When you say YT, are you referring to YellowTail or Yellowfin Tuna? Reason I ask, I know they're currently catching both of 'em out there...   :D

~A~

I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it!  :D

MarkT

YT = Yellowtail, YFT = YellowFin Tuna, YTT = Yellowtail Tuna... for your acquaintances who think YT are Tuna!