7500SS - Whats available

Started by Marlinmate, May 28, 2015, 09:56:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marlinmate

So I received a FREE 7500SS that is in need of some love.  The inside was completley DRY...and actually a cloud of dried grease...puffed out when I pulled open the side plate.

So...it needs a new handle, to replace the teflon drag washer, needs a new drag knob, and a small spring.

What else is out there? 
FISHING IS THE SPORT OF DROWNING WORMS

Shark Hunter

You can convert the Carbon drags to hex as Sal showed us. Wallace came up with a little different Configuration that Sal approved of, but it will give you more drag.

If you order a drag knob, get the newer style. They are stronger and don't crack as easily as the older version.
There is also a Titanium ratchet and double dog upgrade provided by Adam. I'm not sure if he is still making these.

You can go with a power handle to replace the stock one. Also, brass main gear is better.
This is a 9500, but you get the idea. The newer style drag knobs on the right, older on the left.
Life is Good!

Marlinmate

Thanks Shark....how do I get in touch with Adam?
FISHING IS THE SPORT OF DROWNING WORMS

Alto Mare

Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

thorhammer

on a side note....Daron needs to come up off the secret to commandeering kitchen table. my wife has a neighborhood petition going to kick my "crap" out of the garage as it is.....

fsrmn

Looks like Daron and I share the secret   ::) ;D
Not all fishing is done with rod and reel.

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

Three se7ens

Quote from: Marlinmate on May 29, 2015, 12:12:42 AM
Thanks Shark....how do I get in touch with Adam?

I make the titanium ratchet and dogs, but I'm out of stock at the moment. I'll have another batch in a couple of weeks.