SuperSeeker CJB80F

Started by Jon Vadney, May 30, 2015, 12:40:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jon Vadney

SuperSeeker CJB80F, Fuji MNSG's, alps seat, acid wrapped :)

Alto Mare

Jon, that's a nice color combination.
I don't get it on how you're able to do this pattern
http://i.imgur.com/RInNTLU.jpg
very nice job.
Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

David Hall

Sal when you have time visit Jons page he's got some videos of these wraps.  It's pretty awesome.
I'm gonna get one of these made up once I find  the "special" reel.

Alto Mare

Thanks David! Yes, I'm aware of his site, the thread work is still amazing to me.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Jon Vadney

Quote from: Alto Mare on May 30, 2015, 03:10:56 AM
Thanks David! Yes, I'm aware of his site, the thread work is still amazing to me.

Thanks guys!  Sal, you basically have to count turns.  15white, 1 green, 13w, 2g, 11w, 3g, 9w, 4g, 7w, 5g, 5w, 7g, 4w, 9g, 3w, 11g, 2w, 13g, 1w, 15g.  Rinse and repeat :)

Jon Vadney

Quote from: Jon Vadney on May 30, 2015, 05:04:09 AM
Quote from: Alto Mare on May 30, 2015, 03:10:56 AM

Thanks guys!  Sal, you basically have to count turns.  15white, 1 green, 13w, 2g, 11w, 3g, 9w, 4g, 7w, 5g, 5w, 7g, 4w, 9g, 3w, 11g, 2w, 13g, 1w, 15g.  Rinse and repeat :)

If you're referring to the vine pattern, you have to wrap the white thread around the green and slowly rotate the rod as you do it. You then wrap the "stem" as a regular inlay and the other side of the vine is made the same way, just wrapped the other direction

Alto Mare

Thanks for the explanation Jon, I think I just sit back and keep admiring your work ;D

Newell Nut

Pretty work Jon and those CJBs are some killer sticks. I like the CJB80Hs for reef fishing and they really have some strong backbone on them.

MarkT

Gorgeous! I never liked the cjb80f, it was too fast for me for bait but I love the cjb70f (G970), it's the ultimate 25# live bait stick.  How is the SuperSeeker version?
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

Reel 224

Quote from: Alto Mare on May 30, 2015, 09:59:47 AM
Thanks for the explanation Jon, I think I just sit back and keep admiring your work ;D

Sal: If you have an old blank around you can practice on it with different stiles, it's not as hard as you may think. But don't think you can get the finish that John is getting without years of practice. He is a pro.
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

Jon Vadney

Thanks everyone :)

Quote from: MarkT on May 31, 2015, 12:36:47 AM
Gorgeous! I never liked the cjb80f, it was too fast for me for bait but I love the cjb70f (G970), it's the ultimate 25# live bait stick.  How is the SuperSeeker version?

I've always found the S glass in the superseekers makes them feel a tad bit more moderate than their black steel brothers.  This is still a fast action rod, it's just not ridiculously-super-fast. This one is actually for me, and I've been working on it a little bit here and there for about 2 months lol. I plan on fishing 25# on it with an accurate 197.  

Reel 224

Quote from: Jon Vadney on May 31, 2015, 08:28:57 AM
Thanks everyone :)

Quote from: MarkT on May 31, 2015, 12:36:47 AM
Gorgeous! I never liked the cjb80f, it was too fast for me for bait but I love the cjb70f (G970), it's the ultimate 25# live bait stick.  How is the SuperSeeker version?

I've always found the S glass in the superseekers makes them feel a tad bit more moderate than their black steel brothers.  This is still a fast action rod, it's just not ridiculously-super-fast. This one is actually for me, and I've been working on it a little bit here and there for about 2 months lol. I plan on fishing 25# on it with an accurate 197.  

Beautiful stick John.
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."