Big Boy Senator 10/0 - 12/0 Aluminum Side Plate Set. Anyone????

Started by Black Pearl, June 03, 2015, 11:37:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

swill88

Alan, I'll take a 10/O set - either silver or black...
Thanks!
steve

ez2cdave

Quote from: ChileRelleno on June 16, 2015, 03:39:43 PMI think a lot of stand damage is caused by people over tightening their rod brace.

I've seen a few guys who fish harnessed to the lugs without a brace, that sure as heck could bend a stand too.
As for twisting a frame, man I don't want to think what'd take to do that, maybe if really short screws were used in the posts and not tightened down.

But with stainless upgrades and drag inserts, doubling factory drags and whatnot, I could see someone locking it down far enough to do damage.

That is an EXCELLENT point . . .

It would be a MINOR modification to convert the 12/0 over to DOUBLE ROD BRACES, like the 14/0 & 16/0 have !

Something like that would be GREAT with the increased Drag capability and would protect the Reel Seat against FLEXING . . .

Thoughts ???

fishforfun

Frames for these would be soooooo nice!!!!!!! I would take at least a couple of each.

Islandgypsy

David Hall

A 9/0 and a 10/0 set in black, green or silver would be nice

Lowprofile

how is this looking? I'm about to take another trip for around 45 days and not sure if ill have access to the internet or not, so just want to see if I should set something up for payment or if its going to be awhile.

Black Pearl

We will start the drawing and measurement stages. I am hoping that we will have a sample set in about 3 weeks.

ez2cdave

Quote from: Black Pearl on August 15, 2015, 07:49:39 PM
We will start the drawing and measurement stages. I am hoping that we will have a sample set in about 3 weeks.

It would be a MINOR modification to convert a 12/0 over to DOUBLE ROD BRACES, like the 14/0 & 16/0 have . . .

Something like that would be GREAT with the increased Drag capability and would protect the Reel Seat against FLEXING . . .

Maxed Out

Put me down for a 10/0 & 12/0.........not anodized.

Thanks
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Black Pearl

Quote from: Lowprofile on October 02, 2015, 10:39:16 AM
Bump for updates.

I am still waiting for the price from my resource. I should have it by end of next week. If the price is OK, that it will be in production.

Tightlines667

Quote from: ez2cdave on August 16, 2015, 12:13:20 AM
Quote from: Black Pearl on August 15, 2015, 07:49:39 PM

It would be a MINOR modification to convert a 12/0 over to DOUBLE ROD BRACES, like the 14/0 & 16/0 have . . .

A little late in the game to be adding suggestions here but my thought was producing it with the csn ability for double dogs, and the second thought was make it work with Cal's aftermarket Penn 80 International aluminum bases.  Some custom aluminum bars instead of the double posts would be great as well. 

Just some thoughts.
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

Alto Mare

We discussed some of these options earlier, at the very beginning. Alan wants to take it one step at a time, so things don't get out of hand....I don't blame him.
Originally, I requested the complete kit: plates, frame and spool for this reel.
Alan, mentioned that it would be too costly.
I said to put it out there and see who's interested, I know I am.

I believe the new right side plate will have a cutout for the second dog.

lets take this one step at a time, having additional custom parts for this reel that could be swapped with stock, will help many making decisions on how far they want to take it.
I'm hoping these plates will happen, the other parts could be worked out afterwards.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Lowprofile

any updates? think we'll see these by Christmas?  :D

I was talking to a buddy about these the other night and we thought it would be funny to get one anodized gold.