Can anyone help me on this Pflueger Reel?

Started by wannatry, June 04, 2015, 11:51:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wannatry

I came across a Pflueger Reel.  It's a model 1943 Trump, jeweled, quadruple multiplying.  I know its not a real rare one but this is new, in the box with paperwork.  I was just going to use it but I thought it might be worth  something more to a collector since it's never been used.  Can anyone tell me what it might be worth and how to let a person who might be interested in it, know about it? 

I've had quite a kick looking at all the things on this site.  I never knew much of it existed until now.  I love to fish but I don't have a boat so shore fishing is what it is.  To me, fishing all day and not catching anything is still fun but it's the hope of catching one that drives it on.  As far as I'm concerned, you never stop fishing.  You just take a break now and then.

Any Help would be appreciated.  I'm in Phoenix, Az.  If anyone needs a boat mate, I'm good a throwing rocks at jet ski's.

Tightlines667

I would say anywhere from $25 to $50/$60 for the complete package.  Its probably closer to the high end, especially if you have the origional purchase recept.
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

Penn Chronology

The description from the book named, "The Pflueger Heritage" goes like this;

"""The Trump was a Pflueger product from 1931 past 1952. It was a low cost, quadruple multiplying bait cast reel. Its features remained effectively unchanged throughout its production"""

Model # 1943

Features---Polished Diamolite (Pflueger Fancy name for Chrome Plating)
           ---Mottled Brown Ivory Pyralin Handles
           ---Jeweled Tension Oil Cups

$50 is a good value if it is in the box and very clean.

EBay is probably the best way to sell it.

Penn Chronology

An interesting fact about Pflueger reels is that they stamped the date of manufacture on the bottom of their box, making it very easy to date your reel if you still have the box.