Elli had a great day on the Pastime Princess

Started by Newell Nut, June 06, 2015, 11:05:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newell Nut

Elli had a great day with 3 mangos to my two. The weather was perfect with 2 ft seas. A lot of mangos were up in the water but did not bite anything. Elli started getting bottom bites so I decided to abandon the flat lining and managed to grab a couple so I would not look too bad. She had fun with her Newell 332 and Sabre Stroker.

foakes

The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Tightlines667

Nice stringer there.
I hope you guys are getting plenty of Red Snapper as well  (while you can)?
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

Dominick

Dwight you are the man and Elli is the woman.  Nice work.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

BonitaBch

Bonita Beach, FL

ChileRelleno

Looks like a great day for y'all, nice stringer of fish for several dinners.   8)
Ragnar Benson:
"Never, under any circumstances, ever become a refugee.
Die if you must, but die on your home turf with your face to the wind, not in some stinking hellhole 2,000 kilometers away, among people you neither know nor care about."

Shark Hunter

Great Job Dwight! ;D Elli looks like she is struggling to hold all those up. :D
Life is Good!

Newell Nut

Quote from: Tightlines666 on June 07, 2015, 12:29:24 AM
Nice stringer there.

We are catching or hooking at least 3 to 1 red snappers over the mangos. Guys fishing high speeds never get a turn and the fight last about 5 seconds and whacked on the reef from the big ones. We just learned that the Feds estimated that the recreational fisherman caught too many reds in last years 8 day season so there will be no season this year. To us that fish every week we see the red snapper as the most plentiful fish on the reefs and no season????

conchydong

Those are some nice Mangroves, with one of them being humongous. Great job.
Sucks what the SAFMC did regarding ARS. Need to get on our politicians to gut the NMFS or even the whole NOAA and start over with new thinking. They are too heavily influenced by the big money Greenies like the EDF and PEW

Alto Mare

Always a nice report. You better crank it up buddy, at the rate you're going "Mango Lady" is going to take your title away ;D
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Newell Nut

Quote from: conchydong on June 07, 2015, 10:36:20 AM
Those are some nice Mangroves, with one of them being humongous. Great job.
Sucks what the SAFMC did regarding ARS. Need to get on our politicians to gut the NMFS or even the whole NOAA and start over with new thinking. They are too heavily influenced by the big money Greenies like the EDF and PEW

This is a humongous mango and the first fish my buddy Ryan caught on his new custom Rainshadow. The mutton was almost as big and then he got the AJ and Cobia. Poor guy has not boated a fish in 5 trips and the stars all lined up for him yesterday. He is a newbie and I am trying to help him build his mental tool box. Both of us had our share of big Red Snappers for the day as well.

Reel 224

Quote from: Newell Nut on June 07, 2015, 08:17:20 AM
Quote from: Tightlines666 on June 07, 2015, 12:29:24 AM
Nice stringer there.

We are catching or hooking at least 3 to 1 red snappers over the mangos. Guys fishing high speeds never get a turn and the fight last about 5 seconds and whacked on the reef from the big ones. We just learned that the Feds estimated that the recreational fisherman caught too many reds in last years 8 day season so there will be no season this year. To us that fish every week we see the red snapper as the most plentiful fish on the reefs and no season????

Very nice catch Dwight. Please don't get me started on Fish and Game regs. It is and always has been one of my pet peeves. Seems they always go in the wrong direction. That's it, I can't get going on that subject. Great pictures and good luck this season.
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

ChileRelleno

Your buddy Ryan, batting one for five, that is hard to do and keep going.
I'm happy to hear that he persevered and kept fishing, that bag will definitely keep him coming back.
That is a great mix of fish he has there, some dang fine eating.
Ragnar Benson:
"Never, under any circumstances, ever become a refugee.
Die if you must, but die on your home turf with your face to the wind, not in some stinking hellhole 2,000 kilometers away, among people you neither know nor care about."

Steve-O

Super nice! Elli killed 'em and Ryan scored a great mixed bag. That Cobia will have him coming back for more. Great report.