Omoto OSM series reel

Started by Ellis Feibush, December 23, 2010, 01:28:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ellis Feibush

Probably the wrong question for this forum, but not sure where to post. Does any member of this forum know of any large, well stocked dealer  on the Pacific coast selling Omoto reels?  A website would be appreciated also.I am looking for a specific model - The OSM10 reel. It apparently has been discontinued for the US market, but hope someone might still have one for sale. Thanks for any help.

alantani

do you mean the small avet sx copy?
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Phinaddict

There is a guy on Ebay who sells out of Florida I think....
The Two Rules of Success:
1. Don't tell everything you know

alantani

i think i've got one. gotta check.  if i do, it's a prototype with a small right main side plate bearing that was problematic.  stand by.......
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Black Pearl

Quote from: Ellis Feibush on December 23, 2010, 01:28:23 PM
Probably the wrong question for this forum, but not sure where to post. Does any member of this forum know of any large, well stocked dealer  on the Pacific coast selling Omoto reels?  A website would be appreciated also.I am looking for a specific model - The OSM10 reel. It apparently has been discontinued for the US market, but hope someone might still have one for sale. Thanks for any help.

Hi Ellis, I am the guy who just sold you an OMOTO CHIEF 7000CSM. I believe that Alan Tani has a OSM15 or OSM10 because I sent it to him a year ago for break down. I personally don't like the OSM because it made in China, and the handle get rust and bent very easy. It does have a good drag....

Ellis Feibush

Thanks Alan. I think you are referring to the VS10.  The OSM 10 has a star drag  with Carbontex type drag washers and stainless steel gears. It seems to have been very well made. I have just ordered a 7000 CTM from the Florida distributor as per his post blackpearl.com out of Florida and selling on Ebay.  It was suggested that I try other sources. If you have one sitting around would be glad to purchase same from you.
Thanks for any help you can supply.