Don't stop at Whataburger for breakfast before 5:00 am

Started by retrofit, June 09, 2015, 04:11:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

retrofit

Saturday, June 6, 2015, I got up at 3:00 am to go fishing. Stopped at my local Whataburger as I often do to get a breakfast sandwich or rollup on the way to the landing. WOH! I get told that it is now corporate policy that eggs cannot be sold until 5:00 am due to the egg shortage. Really, what difference does it make if you sell me an egg at 3:00 or at 5:00, you are still selling me an egg. So folks, if you want breakfast before you go fishing, hunting, or to work, and you want to start before 5:00 am, you'd better go someplace, anyplace, other than your local Whataburger.

Reel 224

Quote from: retrofit on June 09, 2015, 04:11:05 PM
Saturday, June 6, 2015, I got up at 3:00 am to go fishing. Stopped at my local Whataburger as I often do to get a breakfast sandwich or rollup on the way to the landing. WOH! I get told that it is now corporate policy that eggs cannot be sold until 5:00 am due to the egg shortage. Really, what difference does it make if you sell me an egg at 3:00 or at 5:00, you are still selling me an egg. So folks, if you want breakfast before you go fishing, hunting, or to work, and you want to start before 5:00 am, you'd better go someplace, anyplace, other than your local Whataburger.

We purchase our eggs locally at a fellow farmers. I do NOT! eat eggs out or from a supermarket....personal preference, but we only eat local or what we grow on our own farm. ORGANICALLY!  Eggs can and do get mishandled to often.

There is no egg shortage in our part of the country (NJ) Due to the egg shortage? Or due to lack of preparation ??? ::)   
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

Doug

Sounds like they just didn't feel like making eggs at 3:00 otherwise a totally dumb rule   Doug

Dominick

Somebody up there in a suit has to make it look like he is doing something to help the cause.  I agree it's dumb.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Shark Hunter

That is the dumbest thing I have ever heard. I think I would give them an egg party. ;D
Life is Good!

RowdyW

I've been wondering why the egg prices have jumped up 50% lately. First the oil producers rip us off now the chickens must have joined a Union. ;D

retrofit

Avian bird flu. The farmers in Minnesota, Iowa, & South Dakota are killing off their chicken and turkey flocks. The killed birds cannot be sold for human consumption. From what I hear from family and friends living in those States we are talking hundreds of millions of birds.

Reel 224

Quote from: retrofit on June 09, 2015, 07:00:53 PM
Avian bird flu. The farmers in Minnesota, Iowa, & South Dakota are killing off their chicken and turkey flocks. The killed birds cannot be sold for human consumption. From what I hear from family and friends living in those States we are talking hundreds of millions of birds.

All the more reason to buy you eggs locally from small Organic farms. There is no shortage of eggs here as I said.
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

Shark Hunter

I guess there is some truth to the story then, but like you said. The 5am thing is ridiculous. Either you have eggs or you don't. Seems like neighboring states could take up the slack.
Life is Good!

MarkT

We don't have Whataburger but Jack in the Box serves breakfast 7x24.  Besides, I have 4 In-N-Out's within 5 miiles!
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

Dominick

Quote from: MarkT on June 09, 2015, 08:00:08 PM
We don't have Whataburger but Jack in the Box serves breakfast 7x24.  Besides, I have 4 In-N-Out's within 5 miiles!
I tried the old In-N-Out years ago.  It got me in trouble a couple of times.   :D ;D :D ;D Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Doug

Tightlines667

Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

Reel 224

Quote from: Dominick on June 09, 2015, 08:26:52 PM
Quote from: MarkT on June 09, 2015, 08:00:08 PM
I tried the old In-N-Out years ago.  It got me in trouble a couple of times.   :D ;D :D ;D Dominick

;D ;D ;D Man you are a sick puppy bro. That's the best ;) ;D

fsrmn

Not all fishing is done with rod and reel.