Source for Friction Ring (Older)

Started by AeroChris, June 10, 2015, 04:16:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AeroChris

Hello Everyone,

I need to replace the friction ring on my Stradic 2500FH. It still had the black one in it that had become soft and mushy. Everywhere I have looked online seems to have these listed as out of stock. The part number I believe is RD 7804.

Does anyone know who has it in stock or which other friction ring might fit in its place?

Cheers,

Chris

foakes

Hey Chris --

Welcome!

If you post a pic, with a ruler for reference -- you will get more response.

I have a lot of NOS Shimano parts -- but some of them are mixed up wth other parts from shops out of business.

So, at least for me, a pic is quick and easy to possibly help you -- along with the number you already provided.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

AeroChris

Quote from: foakes on June 10, 2015, 04:23:36 PM
Hey Chris --

Welcome!

If you post a pic, with a ruler for reference -- you will get more response.

I have a lot of NOS Shimano parts -- but some of them are mixed up wth other parts from shops out of business.

So, at least for me, a pic is quick and easy to possibly help you -- along with the number you already provided.

Best,

Fred

Thanks for the quick reply Fred. Unfortunately my ring has been reduced to a rubber ball. Here is a photo of the replacement version Shimano used to stock. I hope linking to another site is not against the rules but it's the only image I could find. I think the ruler is in Inches.

Cheers,

Chris

foakes

Thanks, Chris --

Someone will have one --

I will also check -- but cannot do so until tomorrow, due to personal obligations.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.