Recent action pics

Started by Prof. Salt, June 11, 2015, 02:47:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Prof. Salt

Well the water has finally warmed up and the fish are here! Last week the weather gave us a prime window and I was able to paddle offshore three times. Sharks, kingfish, cobia, triple tail, bonita, jack crevalle and spanish macks all fell for my baits and now I'm sore, tired and happy. The last two shots are of a 51 inch, 30 lb kingfish. That's what I call fun!

Reel 224

Where the heck do you put the fish you catch ???
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

alantani

first thought - lots of teeth!!!! 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Shark Hunter

That is an awesome shot of that king! The professor is a professional. ;D
I am just happy to run my bait out and get back without flipping over. ::)
Life is Good!

Prof. Salt

I built a frame for the back of the kayak. A large fishbag straps to the frame and will hold 60 lbs or so of the day's catch. After a limit is stored on ice, the rest just get a quick measurement/photo and get released to play another day.

Quote from: Reel 224 on June 11, 2015, 03:26:04 AM
Where the heck do you put the fish you catch ???

Prof. Salt

Handle with care. Kings are like little chainsaws to our lures, but don't intentionally bite people. We do have to be careful where we put them down - lay that mouth against your leg and it will create a problem. The Sharks will sometimes run up and steal them at the kayak though, and that worries me when it happens! It's a beautiful neighborhood out there, even with the gray suits doing the occasional drive-by.

Quote from: alantani on June 11, 2015, 03:39:28 AM
first thought - lots of teeth!!!! 

Steve-O

coastal_dan

Awesome!  Fishing in the Gulf?  Thanks for sharing, from a fellow 'Yak fisher...get some!
Dan from Philadelphia...

Where Land Ends Life Begins...

Prof. Salt

Dan I'm fishing offshore of the South Texas coast. We can't reach the wahoos and mahis from shore, but we manage to find plenty of trouble and keep the freezers full.