Merry Christmas

Started by Roger, December 25, 2010, 01:24:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roger

Roger

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."   Mark Twain

Bryan Young

It's officially Christmas...an hour ago.  Merry Christmas from Northern California.  Yeah, still prepping for the kiddies.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Ynot

Roger

Quote from: Ynot on December 25, 2010, 12:45:25 PM
Merry Christmas All

Brian, that was 3:00 AM my time. I know what I was doing.......
Roger

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."   Mark Twain

alantani

we went out to dinner last night and opened a few gifts when we got home, then i hit the sack.  had to work 12 hours shifts all day yesterday, all day today and all day tomorrow.  it's ok, though.  someone's gotta be here and we all rotate through.  i had thanksgiving off and i get the whole next week off for skiing and new years.  i'll be home this evening for a little turkey, a glass of wine and a few presents and then i'll hit the sack again.  we will probably shoot out family christmas photo this evening as well.  my 16 year old daughter had 4 wisdom teeth pulled right after finals and the swelling finally disappeared.  she looked like a chipmunk until a few days ago and understandably would not let me take the photo to get christmas cards out on time.  so much drama!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Phinaddict

Merry Christmas to all you reel monkeys! This forum has been a lot of fun and the exchange of information
has been very rewarding this past year; i look forward to next year!

And to Alan, thank you.

Gene
The Two Rules of Success:
1. Don't tell everything you know

Roger

Merry Christmas, Gene......
Roger

Roger

Merry Christmas again to everybody. I hope all of ya'll boys and girls (Dawn) were good this year and Santa brought ya'll what you had asked for. Now it's time for dinner. We've got a huge pot of gumbo on the stove along with many other goodies but I spent my time yesterday smoking a turkey. If it tastes as good as it looks, it ought to be a winner. So here's a few pic's.

I put the turkey in a brine and let it soak for 24hrs. It's not a big bird, just 12lbs.

This pic is after is after its been washed off to get a lot of the salt off of it and ready to stuff

This pic is on the smoker with a few anaheims and serranos that have been stuffed with alligator sausage and wrapped with bacon. "Something to snack on"

The finished product after 10hrs in the smoker
Roger

Bryan Young

Quote from: alantani on December 25, 2010, 02:41:26 PM
she looked like a chipmunk until a few days ago and understandably would not let me take the photo to get christmas cards out on time. 
Yeah, I can just see it now.  Someone photo shopping the photo and putting her face on a photo of an actual chipmunk or Alvin as a gift for you.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Phinaddict

Roger,
Looking good bro! We did a ham, some smoked salmon, crabs and all the rest of the usual side.
Good eats! I feel like that turkey now... stuffed!

The Two Rules of Success:
1. Don't tell everything you know

Ynot

Ok, lets hear about the presents!
I got a Shimano TLD25 and packaged rod and a new gimble belt.
I must have been a good boy...

alantani

it was pretty quiet for me.  got a couple of pairs of levi's, a couple of pairs of dockers, some polo shirts, a variety pack of belgian beer and a nice bottle of scotch.  had to work christmas eve and christmas, back again at work today.   been pretty busy with people overdosing on drugs and alcohol, but no one's died.  that's always good. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!