Big Mangos are hungry

Started by Newell Nut, June 13, 2015, 10:13:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newell Nut

Today was a beautiful day on the Pastime Princess out of New Smyrna, FL. The bite was a little slow but managed to get a couple mangos on the stringer and released a few red snappers. On the last stop of the day the captain hit it perfect. The mangos came up in the water and caught some slobs and one was about 15 lb which is the biggest one caught this season. Elli managed to add a mango to the stringer and a few vermilions and I got another yellowtail snapper to top it off.

Steve-O

Monsta Mangos! Way to go, Dwight.

reelrepair123

dwight, always a great smile and beautiful fish, thanks for sharing.    harryk

ACDIII

Dwight: What pound test line do you use and how do you set up your weight and leader for these Mangos and Vermillion?
Thanks
Andy

Mac53

You are definitely on a roll, Dwight!  The Mrs. can catch em up too!  Mac

Newell Nut

Elli got 3 last week and one this week. She uses my rigs and a newell 332 on a sabre stroker. She starts the day fishing for vermilion and gets her limit on the stringer and then switches rods.

Dominick

Hey Dwight, was that guy behind you part of the planned photo or were you fish bombed?  :D ;D Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Newell Nut

James is a mate and showing my other stringer. He is a real nice guy and an excellent with the gaff and net. His wife can catch mangos with the Fl knocker rig with a light drift weight. She does not do well on the bottom since that takes more finesse and patience.