750SS HOUSING COVER

Started by basto, June 14, 2015, 01:09:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

basto

Hi Guys
Does anyone know if the housing cover comes with decal? Looking to order a couple from Scotts.
Thanks
Basto
DAM Quick 3001      SHIMANO Spedmaster 3   Jigging Master PE5n

Alto Mare

I see why you're asking Basto, Scotts is not showing a photo of the part.
The decal will definitely come with it, but I'm not sure which. The 750ss has a metal one, the later 7500ss are plastic.

I believe they only have the plastic one available, grab them now if you need them, they won't last very long.

Unlike the 650 & 6500, the 750 & 7500 plates could be swapped.

Here is a tip, but you probably already know. If you find an early 750ss with these decals, there is a chance you might find a stainless steel pinion

Not that it matters, but it is cool.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

fIsHsTiiCkS

An SS pinion! I want I want haha! I will be on the look out. Sal you have cost me so much money over my time on this forum. All well spent  ;)

Alto Mare

Quote from: fIsHsTiiCkS on June 14, 2015, 01:15:29 PM
An SS pinion! I want I want haha! I will be on the look out. Sal you have cost me some much money over my time on this forum. All well spent  ;)
:D :D...eventually we're going to die and can't take them with us. If that makes you disappointed, stop spending ;D
That tiny storage box has over $1000 worth of parts, I started collecting those way before I joined this great site.
I have lots of Dough invested in the SS Spinners, that's just one of the boxes ::).
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Shark Hunter

Wow! Look at all those gear sets. :o
Life is Good!

fIsHsTiiCkS

Quote from: Alto Mare on June 14, 2015, 01:29:59 PM
Quote from: fIsHsTiiCkS on June 14, 2015, 01:15:29 PM
An SS pinion! I want I want haha! I will be on the look out. Sal you have cost me some much money over my time on this forum. All well spent  ;)
:D :D...eventually we're going to die and can't take them with us. If that makes you disappointed, stop spending ;D
That tiny storage box has over $1000 worth of parts, I started collecting those way before I joined this great site.
I have lots of Dough invested in the SS Spinners, that's just one of the boxes ::).

I have already started my own boxes like that. .  Oh man to just think of the value all the stuff I have holds. At least I know where to go for reel parts for my spinner!! ;)

basto

Quote from: Alto Mare on June 14, 2015, 12:22:17 PM
I see why you're asking Basto, Scotts is not showing a photo of the part.
The decal will definitely come with it, but I'm not sure which. The 750ss has a metal one, the later 7500ss are plastic.

I believe they only have the plastic one available, grab them now if you need them, they won't last very long.

Unlike the 650 & 6500, the 750 & 7500 plates could be swapped.

Here is a tip, but you probably already know. If you find an early 750ss with these decals, there is a chance you might find a stainless steel pinion

Not that it matters, but it is cool.

Sal

Hi Sal
Thanks for the info`
cheers
Basto
DAM Quick 3001      SHIMANO Spedmaster 3   Jigging Master PE5n

Alvaman

Here is a tip I do. The older reels had a metal decal. If you make color copies of the decal both right & left sides on heavy paper (you can get multiple copies on one page) Take decoupage liquid and coat them
several times to build up the thickness and protect them. I then cut them out as needed and glue on reel. If you desire you can put a layer of epoxy on top.  The new plastic decals will not photo copy do to the rounded top.