Daiwa Saltist 6500H problem

Started by Danijel, June 14, 2015, 12:41:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Danijel

Good day
I have a reel mentioned above and I have bought it few months ago but unfortunately did't get a chance to use it.
It was actually broken when I was flying home from the states in transport and I didn't get any response back yet from them.
What is broken is body part back part what goes into the rod, I hope that I'll be able to weld new piece on it.
Another thing which I have no idea how did they manage to brake it is main shaft, actually not broken but bent, at least I think it is.
When I try to reel it, it's making noise and when spool comes to about 3/4 to the bottom it's getting stuck and you have to reel it harder, and also in the bottom . When I removed spool, it was doing the same thing, so I thought that maybe somehow main shaft is bent.
Any thought what could it be so I can order new parts and try to fix it?

handi2

First Daiwa parts for this reel are expensive. The handle is around $48.00 and so is the bail wire. It sure sounds like the spool shaft is bent from being dropped. You will need a new reel body and spool shaft. The schematics are on Daiwa's main page and you have to get the correct part number and give them a call.
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

Danijel

It looks the same to me, I still don't get it how did the manage it. I'll try to contact Daiwa for the spare parts. Thank you.

Bryan Young

Quote from: Danijel on June 15, 2015, 01:59:24 PM
It looks the same to me, I still don't get it how did the manage it. I'll try to contact Daiwa for the spare parts. Thank you.

Unfortunately, it sounds like you need a new reel.  The cost for parts, it would be cheaper to purchase a new reel.  Hopefully the airlines will reimburse you for the reel, and maybe get you a new one shipped.

:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

handi2

I will look around the shop and see if I can help you out. I know I have a broken reel body but you don't need one of those. The airlines helped you with that..!!
Gulf Breeze, FL

Danijel

It's been a week and still didn't get any reply. Tomorrow I'll send them another email and hopefully it'll reach somebody who will help.
So I'm afraid if the parts are expensive and airline don't do anything, I have expensive garbage now  :'(

handi2

I looked today and do not have a body for that reel. Sorry
Gulf Breeze, FL

Danijel