Problems with PENN 113lh

Started by FishyRichy, June 16, 2015, 02:58:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FishyRichy

Hey guys,

It has been a while since I have posted here, which I guess is a good thing since I usually only show up when I am having a problem! So I had some issues with my 113lh, and was able to get it up and running, but it only lasted a few trips before the brass main gear sleeve stripped out from the stainless star drag. I know that it was not cross threaded, as it went on without ressistance and lasted a few trips before the issue presented itself again. I use this reel for fishing for king fish and sharks from my kayak, so it does get sandy on occassion, but im not sure if it is the sand or another issue. I was wondering if there is a stanless sleeve available for this model, or if not an alternative solution to the problem. I love this reel when it is working, but I have had so many issues with it I am thinking of retiring it if I can't find a reliable fix, loosing your drag with a good fish on is very frustrating!!

Thanks in advance for any suggestions,

Richard

Bryan Young

Hi Richard,

Alan Tani did have SS gear sleeves available in limited quantities.  I purchased one for my son's YTS Lefty reel...Yes, I know my son is only 7, but you can never start too early to build up his fishing arsenal.  :D

You may want to send Alan Tani a PM to see if he has any more.  Note that Alan will be away for the next 7 days for his long-range trip.

Bryan
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Keta

If Alan is out I think I have one SS LH 113H gearsleeve left.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

FishyRichy

Bryan, Thanks for the info...and it is NEVER too early to start building the arsenal!  ;D

FishyRichy

Keta, Thanks for the response! If Alan is out of the gear sleeves I will shoot you a PM.

Cheers and tight lines!!!

Richard