Penn 320 GT 2 ergo handle repair?

Started by newfuturevintage, June 10, 2015, 07:56:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

newfuturevintage

Hi all-

Taking a look at my wife's reel.  Penn 320GT2 with an ergo handle.  Seems the axle pin securing the knob to the handle arm is bent.  Looks like this is the only issue; it's usable as-is, just has the weird wobble of a bent axle.

It looks like this axle pin is not removable, except by drilling.  

Question: is it worth trying to remove the bent pin and replacing with something else, or better to just replace the whole assembly?  If replacing, what would the suggested replacement be?

Thanks!

Ron

foakes

Should be able to just get a Delrin power handle -- offset at an angle from Alan -- easy enough to just drill out the old hole a bit -- and install this assembly.

Cheap, effective, good upgrade.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

handi2

That is what I would do. Get one of Alan Tani's Kolekar grips. It will go right on when the old pin shaft is removed.
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

newfuturevintage

Thanks, sounds simple enough to do. 

newfuturevintage

Took your guys' advice and ordered a handle from Alan.  Ended up getting the whole assembly (with arm) as mine turned out to be a little bent.  Seriously nice and simple upgrade!

Thanks for the tip!

Ron