2015 Saltiga ATD

Started by PE Pete, June 17, 2015, 06:56:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PE Pete

Have looked closely at these today & can not get the ATD initial strike function as described to work. The Marketing blurb says that at the hook up the initial drag is soft momentarily then ramps up to preset.
There is a video demonstrating this function showing around 500mm of line pulled by hand peeling off the spool before the preset drag kicks in. Looks simple & logical on the vid but me & my store mate could not get this to work.
Interestingly we could not find any mention on the reel, box or manual of ATD which I find odd given that this function is new & innovative.
Does anyone have any comments or experience with this function or just in general with the new Saltiga
I have no doubt these reels are great BUT I would really like to know that I'm getting what has been advertised & what I'm paying for.

So have done a bit more research & IMO Diawa are being a bit liberal with the facts regarding the new ATD system which they market as being in all the new 2015 Saltiga spin reels.
It a bit like the tooth fairy or Santa. We all want to believe but the reality is they don't exist, similarly the ATD at least not in the larger Saltiga models.
The biggest giveaway aside from not being able to get the reels to perform the startup ATD procedure is that there is NO mention of the ATD feature on the reel or the box or the manual.
Come on Diawa sort your marketing out!! ???