Neat little Penn 60 refurb.

Started by coastal_dan, June 25, 2015, 12:56:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coastal_dan

Hey - Just wanted to share...

A friend brought over a few reels and said "here you go, I don't need them".  Love these friends :)

First one I'm doing is this Penn Long Beach 60.  It wasn't bad at all, just dirty with a few years of dust/lint/hair brought together in grease.  Complete tear down, soak in SG then grease and reassemble.  The rod was my grandfathers and I thought it was too nice to discard, an older Oceanic Model 115.  So, in my mind they pair perfectly and that yellow handle 'reelly' sets it off.

Cell phone pictures below...thanks for reading/looking  ;D

Before:

After:

Dan from Philadelphia...

Where Land Ends Life Begins...

Rancanfish

sweet. I'm not familiar with the 60.
I woke today and suddenly nothing happened.

mhc

Nice work on the reel Dan, it cleaned up really well & your right it's a perfect match for the rod. A syzygy - classic reel, classic rod and talent come together.
It can't be too difficult - a lot of people do it.

reelrepair123

very nice  dan   nice strong reel,

Keta

Nice, they are a good mid depth bottom fish reel.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

CooldadE

Nice...The Penn 60 was my first conventional reel. Many a backlash/ birdsnest before I gained my educated thumb. I don't have that original reel any more but picked up a very nice one a while ago.

Cool
I would rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6...

Bryan Young

Nice work Dan.  Are you displaying or fishing that reel?
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

coastal_dan

I'm going to put together a small wooden wall stand and display it.  It would be neat to fish it one day though :)
Dan from Philadelphia...

Where Land Ends Life Begins...