Let's Make Oshizushi!

Started by LLCC, June 18, 2015, 09:08:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LLCC

Unless I am bringing this to a vegan's potluck party, sushi tend to be the first to disappear from the table, leaving me feeling that I had been too stingy and should have bought 120 pieces instead. As a consequence, I learned to make my own Sushi, and that made it very affordable to bring sushi for a pot luck party

https://gaspinggurami.wordpress.com/2015/06/18/eats-lets-make-oshizushi/

Lawrence Lee

jonnou

Looks great .I can only roll the Ones in Nori. love to learn some other ways

Tiddlerbasher

Quote from: LLCC on June 18, 2015, 09:08:56 AM
Unless I am bringing this to a vegan's potluck party, sushi tend to be the first to disappear from the table, leaving me feeling that I had been too stingy and should have bought 120 pieces instead. As a consequence, I learned to make my own Sushi, and that made it very affordable to bring sushi for a pot luck party

https://gaspinggurami.wordpress.com/2015/06/18/eats-lets-make-oshizushi/

My friends and I love sushi in all it's forms - but particulary with sashimi. Whenever a group of us go to an outdoor concert sushi and sashimi are top of the request list. Unfortunately it's only me who prepares it ::)

You can get the various dedicated moulds from Japanese delis - round nori type, square, oblong, triangular. The moulds really speed up 'production' and make it look prefessional ;) Best of all it makes the whole meal readily affordable :)

LLCC

Thanks guys!  ;D ;D ;D

You should try it. Simple to make, and it can be kept without refrigeration for a day, so you can bring it as a delicious and refreshing lunch on fishing trips.

Best,

LL
Lawrence Lee

ez2cdave

Quote from: LLCC on June 18, 2015, 09:08:56 AM
Unless I am bringing this to a vegan's potluck party, sushi tend to be the first to disappear from the table, leaving me feeling that I had been too stingy and should have bought 120 pieces instead.

Does anyone else find it "odd" that, at a "vegetarian gathering", the first thing to be "scarfed up" is the MEAT ???