Mangos again today

Started by Newell Nut, June 18, 2015, 10:16:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newell Nut

It was a beautiful day on the water with friends and tourist aboard the Pastime Princess in New Smyrna. I got hammered by big stuff that I could not turn early in the trip and got cut off a lot. Finally with ten minutes left the mangos came up in the chum slick and I quickly grabbed my spinner and a squid head. Caught 4 nice ones in ten minutes and had to tie two hooks on due to them swallowing the darned things. I have mentioned before that I use 30 lb fluorocarbon leader up in the water flat lining and I did today. A guy using squid heads next to me with 40 lb leader never got a bite and just stood there dumfounded watching me drag them in.

Dominick

Like we've all said before Dwight you are the Mango Man.  Keep posting those photos.  I for one am jealous.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

ChileRelleno

Mango Madness!
Ain't no lie, you're the Mango Man.

I bet dinner is going to be fantastic.
Ragnar Benson:
"Never, under any circumstances, ever become a refugee.
Die if you must, but die on your home turf with your face to the wind, not in some stinking hellhole 2,000 kilometers away, among people you neither know nor care about."

thorhammer

Great mangoes Dwight. I have as much luck with them as hitting an early season teal...'what, where'd he go...'

Tightlines667

Quote from: thorhammer on June 18, 2015, 11:23:59 PM
Great mangoes Dwight. I have as much luck with them as hitting an early season teal...'what, where'd he go...'

You've gotta lead 'em man.
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

Alto Mare

Restaurants down your neighborhood must be having lots Mangos on special, unless you have a huge freezer ;D
Way to go "Mago Man".
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Shark Hunter

Great Job Dwight! ;D Maybe you need a big rig to turn those Big ones! ;)
Life is Good!

Newell Nut

Dinner was great. Italian bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, then coat the fish. Spray skillet and brown well on both sides chow down. ;D

Daron

I have a couple of nice winches but not good for mango fishing and I use 40 lb on the bottom and could have used 80 today. The big #### red snappers are useless to me so why target them. I can keep and eat mangos so I target those guys with lighter gear. My buddy in training got hammered a bunch too and then brought in a nice mutton and then a mango on top. If I did not have to deal with sharp reef I could bring in some big fish with my 40 lb line. The biggest red snapper caught on the Pastime since it moved here was caught on 40 lb and it was just a miracle I did not cut that day.

If I were going to about 130 feet of water then I have a Sal special ready for the task.

Shark Hunter

I gotcha buddy,
You just keep doing what your doing. You got it down pat, that's for sure. ;)
Life is Good!

thorhammer

Quote from: Tightlines666 on June 18, 2015, 11:33:20 PM
Quote from: thorhammer on June 18, 2015, 11:23:59 PM

You've gotta lead 'em man.

If I could see'm, I would! 60mph tennis ball

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

anglingarchitect

love catching them up in the water column on spinners like that.

Keta

Quote from: Newell Nut on June 18, 2015, 10:16:24 PMFinally with ten minutes left the mangos came up in the chum slick and I quickly grabbed my spinner and a squid head.

Do you have a photo of your rig?
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

BonitaBch

Nice job on the Mangos Newell Nut!!  :D
Bonita Beach, FL

Mac53

You are in the groove Dwight!  Nicely done!

Mac