Daiwa Exceler 4500T

Started by Nobass, June 20, 2015, 05:20:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nobass

Hi gang,

New to the board.  Was in the process of cleaning/rebuilding a Daiwa Exceler 4500T spinning reel for a friend and came across a mangle spring inside the body of the reel and honestly do not know how it re-attaches.  On the schematic, it is key No. 61 (Spring) and it looks like it is supposed to attached to key no. 60 (anti-reverse pawl).  The only online tutorial I found for an exceler was a smaller size that did not have this spring.  I ordered two new ones, just incase I managed to break one trying to figure out how/where it goes.  Anyone out there rebuild this reel and can give direction on this pawl spring and where/how it attaches?  Any help is appreciated! 

Three se7ens

I have one I can pull apart, but it will be a couple of days before I can get to it.

Nobass

Quote from: Three se7ens on June 20, 2015, 05:55:38 PM
I have one I can pull apart, but it will be a couple of days before I can get to it.

Thank you!!

Three se7ens

The backup a/r system daiwa uses has since been copied by many people.  In Alan Hawks review of the Fin Nor Lethal 100, there is a photo that shows how that spring fits into place.  Yours should look pretty similar on the inside.  Basically, the spring clips onto the main gear shaft, and the end sticks into a slot in the a/r pawls. 

http://www.alanhawk.com/reviews/lth10.html  Just over halfway down there is a picture on the main gear laying sideways on top of the gear box, showing the alignment of that spring.  Theres a paragraph describing the backup a/r after the picture. 

Let me know if that helps, or if you still need me to take mine apart.

Nobass

Quote from: Three se7ens on June 20, 2015, 07:11:20 PM
The backup a/r system daiwa uses has since been copied by many people.  In Alan Hawks review of the Fin Nor Lethal 100, there is a photo that shows how that spring fits into place.  Yours should look pretty similar on the inside.  Basically, the spring clips onto the main gear shaft, and the end sticks into a slot in the a/r pawls. 

http://www.alanhawk.com/reviews/lth10.html  Just over halfway down there is a picture on the main gear laying sideways on top of the gear box, showing the alignment of that spring.  Theres a paragraph describing the backup a/r after the picture. 

Let me know if that helps, or if you still need me to take mine apart.

Thank you!  That definitely helps!  The new spring will not arrive for a couple of weeks and I will refer to the pics on the re-assembly.  One I see what a new spring looks like, unlike the mangled one I took out, it should hopefully make a bit more sense.  Nevertheless I will reach out if all else fails. Thank you again for your help!

Three se7ens

Heres a pic of the main gear with the spring.  The end of the spring needs to go in the hole in the backup a/r dog in the housing when installing.