Custom Stainless steel plates

Started by Alto Mare, June 20, 2015, 08:22:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiddlerbasher

Lovely work Sal :) I have no reel use for such a reel but I neeeed one ;D

Alto Mare

Quote from: Marcq on June 21, 2015, 06:07:46 AM
8)
Sal! How much did it weigh all put together with the SS spool?

Marc..
Aluminum spool:

Stainless steel spool:
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

LTM

You know Guys,

When its all said and done, and I didnt think I would be one to say this at alllll. If you are ok with the weight of the finished reel. This reel is a "HELL OF A VALUE" considering all stainless internal parts, double dogs, stainless bars and spool, gear/drag options, two sizes (love the narrow). I dont need to say the final price (you do the math), but when you compare your final price to a Saltiga star drag, Shimano Calcutta or Trinidad etc etc, they will come up "SHORT" in strength/durability and PRICE.  After all; this is the era of $1000 spinning reels and USED Saltiga's and such going for over $300 EASY.

Sal, I know you didnt expect these comments to come from me (neither did I). ::) This little reel is a true example of johndtuttles expression: "doomsday reel" with lots of BLING! Alan Chui, your well on your way to manufacturing your own reels now and good luck to you. Carl Newell used the same business model with Penn reels as well. Too bad Daiwa keeps getting left out; I had to say that! ;) ;)

Nuff said,

Leo

David Hall

We have to be close to the minimum production order?
Who's keeping tally?
Where are we?

Black Pearl

Quote from: David Hall on June 21, 2015, 03:57:05 PM
Who's keeping tally?
Where are we?
Sorry to disappoint you. So far, it is still around 35 sets only.

Marcq

Thanks Sal, It sure looks badass  :o

Marc..

LTM

Hey just thought of something! By any chance can you use 113h 4/0 parts in these side plates like those special jigmasters that do use 4/0 parts? I just got to say it again, that little 501 is pig squealing sweeeeeeeeet!

Leo

David Hall

Quote from: Black Pearl on June 21, 2015, 04:00:41 PM
Quote from: David Hall on June 21, 2015, 03:57:05 PM
Who's keeping tally?
Where are we?
Sorry to disappoint you. So far, it is still around 35 sets only.

Damn!  We need another 65 commitments?

Mattman NZ

Excellent work Sal makes those reels even slicker than they were before.

Alto Mare

Quote from: Mattman NZ on June 24, 2015, 06:47:47 AM
Excellent work Sal makes those reels even slicker than they were before.
Thank you Matt, yes they are nice.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

coastal_dan

Artwork for sure, the epitome of the word 'Tank'!  Thanks for sharing and the hard work.
Dan from Philadelphia...

Where Land Ends Life Begins...