Mango Elli

Started by Newell Nut, June 20, 2015, 08:56:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newell Nut

Well guys Mango Elli gave me and most of the guys on the boat a fishing lesson today. I spent too much time trying to get big AJs to bite for the jackpot and they just would not cooperate. Elli was busy catching dinner for a couple days so I had no worries. She also brought in one of those big red snappers and was screaming for me to help her hold the rod but she managed to do it all by herself. On the way in a guy asked what kind of bait did she have and I told him the same sardines that everybody else had. Her rig today was my go to bottom rig which is a 6 oz egg over the swivel and about 6 feet if 40 lb fluorocarbon and a 6/0 Eagle Claw Alaskan Halibut hook.

Alto Mare

Nice job Elli, show that big boy how its done ;D
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

ChileRelleno

Dang, with those nice fish, you think she'd be happy.
Ragnar Benson:
"Never, under any circumstances, ever become a refugee.
Die if you must, but die on your home turf with your face to the wind, not in some stinking hellhole 2,000 kilometers away, among people you neither know nor care about."

johndtuttle

Great eats there!  :D

Ever try circles for those bad boys?  ;)

Mac53

"Steam me up Scotty", love me some steamed fish, especially Mango's!  Well done!

Mac

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Newell Nut

Quote from: johndtuttle on June 21, 2015, 12:04:18 AM

Not trying circles. My system works great and I am not going to fix it. Eagle claw Alaskans for me. They don't make them any more but I have a pile of them stashed. Mangos beware.

johndtuttle

Quote from: Newell Nut on June 21, 2015, 01:13:35 AM
Quote from: johndtuttle on June 21, 2015, 12:04:18 AM

Not trying circles. My system works great and I am not going to fix it. Eagle claw Alaskans for me. They don't make them any more but I have a pile of them stashed. Mangos beware.

Ya know, I cannot argue with that!  :D

Newell Nut

This is a nice red snapper that Elli pulled in after catching the mangos.

Tightlines667

Nice fish!...
Thats a keeper... no wait, I guess you better let her go.  You know what they say.  The bigger the fish, the higher the recruitment contribution.
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

Newell Nut

Quote from: Tightlines666 on June 21, 2015, 07:16:32 PM
Nice fish!...
Thats a keeper... no wait, I guess you better let her go.  You know what they say.  The bigfer tue fish, the higher the recruitment contribution.
They are not going to give us a season on those red ones this year. Everybody is getting tired of catching these things and throwing them back.

BonitaBch

Quote from: Newell Nut on June 21, 2015, 06:58:32 PM
This is a nice red snapper that Elli pulled in after catching the mangos.

Good thing those poor red snapper are protected ....  :'(
Bonita Beach, FL