Reel Clamp Part Numbers

Started by Jason Groombridge, June 21, 2015, 06:47:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jason Groombridge

G'day Guys,

I have some Penn reel clamps that I was going to use on my Sealines. It is the 33-113 clamp with studs and long nuts (see picture).

They work fine on my Sealine 50H's on a rod with a smaller reel seat but the studs are too short for my 600H on a rod with larger reel seat. I'm guessing I need to use 6/0 clamps to get the size required. What part number do I need for the 600H? Should it be the 33C-114, 33-340SP or the 33C-340? I can't find specs on these kits to know what the difference is between them.

Any help appreciated.

Cheers

Jason

Jason Groombridge

I forgot to mention that the studs in this photo are just a fraction under 1" long

Cheers

Jason

Rancanfish

Good question, I have wondered myself.
I woke today and suddenly nothing happened.

LTM

Easy peasy,

Mystic Reel Parts/mysticparts.com carries the long studs and a wider clamp as well.

Leo

"Edited as per Moderators to correct Scott's Bait & Tackle over to their new store name Mystic Reel Parts / www.mysticparts.com"

Jason Groombridge

G'day Guys,

I'm guessing the part numbers I quoted will be what I want (they were from MysticParts) but I don't know the difference between each part number i.e. which is the one I want and what each of these kits contains.

Cheers

Jason

"Edited as per Moderators to correct Scott's Bait & Tackle over to their new store name Mystic Reel Parts / www.mysticparts.com"

Shark Hunter

I'm in the same boat Jason, I gave all my 9/0 and 6/0 clamps away and now I need some for my 600H.
Life is Good!

Jason Groombridge

I think I'll email Scott's.

Standby and I'll let you know the outcome.

Cheers

Jason

handi2

Quote from: Jason Groombridge on June 22, 2015, 10:05:15 AM
I think I'll email Scott's.

Standby and I'll let you know the outcome.

Cheers

Jason

You can also get just the longer nuts. If you cant find any I have some.
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

Jason Groombridge

G'day Guys,

Well I heard back from Scott's a few days ago (thanks Maureen) and I think I have the answers.

As it turned out I got a 114H2 in for service so that helped to. The graphite clamp from the 114 Penn is the right width to work on the Sealine 600H.

The nuts I showed in my photograph above are the long nuts.

So for the Sealine 600H you would need:

Clamp - 33-340 (graphite)
           33-114H2 (graphite with ring for safety line)

Screws - 34-200 (these are longer than the 34-45 screws in my picture above)

Nuts - 149-45 (same as shown above in my photo)

Handi2, thanks for the offer of the long nuts. I have to do an order with Scotts for other stuff as well so I'll grab some from them.

Cheers

Jason