Main Menu

Hello!~

Started by Alvaman, July 17, 2015, 01:51:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alvaman

I am a new member since 7/5/15.  Found this site by accident while surfing the internet.  What a wealth of information is available from all who participate.
I live on the West coast of Florida near Ft Myers where fishing occurs all year, both fresh water and salt.
I operate a rod and reel repair service from a separate building at my residence. I am self taught and have been doing this for some 30yrs. I do work for tackle shops boat captains. flea market dealers and area residents.  This is a hobby business and I don't charge a lot.  I don't advertise, but receive plenty of work, just by word of mouth.  I enjoy what I do, but it is getting more difficult each year with all the new models arriving on scene. Some of the new bait casting reels make  you be a watchmaker with all the tiny springs & screws and then manufacturers discontinue many models after the first year resulting in obsolete parts.
I don.t know how much longer I will be doing this as I just turned 75 on 7/7. I do find you are never too old to learn new tricks.

Rancanfish

Welcome.  I'm sure your experience will be a great contribution here.

You have more than me, and I've just spent an hour goofing up a previously working Squidder, so there ya go!

Welcome again.
I woke today and suddenly nothing happened.

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Bryan Young

:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

alantani

glad to have you here!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Shark Hunter

Welcome Alvaman!
I saw your first post and you were jumping in to help right away.
That is a pleasant surprise. ;D
Life is Good!

MFB

G'day Alvaman,

Regards

Mark
No man can lose what he never had.
                                                   Isaac Walton

jonnou

Tiddlerbasher