*** ATTENTION: DAIWA SEALINE STAINLESS PARTS WISH LIST

Started by LTM, June 23, 2015, 05:47:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Three se7ens

Looks like a little housekeeping was done, Lets take this opportunity to get back on topic...

I have some parts for these reels already available, and Id like to add some more too.  These really are good reels, even if its kind of a stepping stone between the senators and whats available now.  There is not going to be the following and nostalgia factor that fuels the Penn aftermarket, but if the demand is there, parts can be had. 

Lets keep this civil and to the point:  a collective wish list of people willing to purchase a part if it makes it into production. 

Rancanfish

Nice.  I think baby steps would be fine. Start with one item maybe. I would like a steel gear sleeve for my 50h and SMF170H's. And for my 900h's a couple more. A couple more for my 47h's and now I'm covered.

Thanks for your consideration.
I woke today and suddenly nothing happened.

1Forecon

Like my civil  ;D post said, I'd buy some SS gears, sleeves, even drag inserts, even double dogs(alternating or even) for (2) 50h's, a (1) 400h and would even buy a 600h just to put your new insert in but since I have a tibbed Penn 114 I'll pick up one of your inserts online when I can select 114(your site says 600h only option right now).

My earlier rant was directed at all those "fan boys" & "reel jerks" on the boats, no one here of course.

I'm excited someone's thinking outside the box. Those Daiwas have always been workhorses for me, upgraded they'll be forever fished.

Keta

Thank you.  

I'm not a "Diawa person" but I feel they are a quality reel, the "problem" I see is they are too good for many upgrades (most of what we do to Penn reels came stock with Diawa) but we can make them even better.  Go for it guys but please "play nice", I really do not like being the AT.com police.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

nelz

I have the 40 HSD Super drag Sealine, and one upgrade I would love to see is a roller bearing ant-reverse add-on to complement the spring dog (just dreaming, I know). I can't imagine double-dogging this as it's already annoyingly super-loud with just one, lol.

Btw, I know that a metal drag star from another Sealine will fit this, but which one???

For those that don't know this reel, it has a huge drag stack that's made awesome with carbontex replacements. It pretty much replaced my anniversary Jigmaster 500 (which now is used just for line changes on other reels).

Porthos

The 40 and 50 HSD reels appear to be the 300H and 350H, respectively, revamped with a new drag stack and main gear (four keyed tabs vs. two)...makes you go "Hmmm."

On closer inspection of the photos, looks like Daiwa may have just re-used the frames blanks but retooled almost everything else...

Rancanfish

A narrow 50HSD would forever put the Jigmaster out of mind I would think.   8)
I woke today and suddenly nothing happened.

nelz

Quote from: Rancanfish on June 26, 2015, 07:22:33 PM
A narrow 50HSD would forever put the Jigmaster out of mind I would think.   8)

That's what I have, the 40HSD, which is a narrower version. The pic is of a 50hsd from Daiwa's site.

Sledge

I'm interested.  I recently picked up 27h and a couple of 47h's.  They seem to be well built...but most things can be made better with a little time and attention.

Cortez_Conversions

Lets start talking about gear sleeves. What would be the the most common? It seems the 900h, 600h, and 300h are models that I hear the most about.
How many of you are interested?
Where do you guys(and gals) get your replacement parts from? I'm gonna need to source a couple of each model to reverse engineer.
Visit: cortezconversions.com
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.-Sal

Cortez_Conversions

Quote from: Cortez_Conversions on July 01, 2015, 03:43:37 PM
Lets start talking about gear sleeves. What would be the the most common? It seems the 900h, 600h, and 300h are models that I hear the most about.
How many of you are interested?
Where do you guys(and gals) get your replacement parts from? I'm gonna need to source a couple of each model to reverse engineer.

Does anyone know how many of these reels use the same sleeve?
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.-Sal

Shark Hunter

I have duplicates of all three of those reels Tom. I can get them on their way this weekend if you wish.
Life is Good!

Three se7ens

The 900h and 600h use the same gear sleeve, and the 910 can use that gear sleeve as well if you use a 900h handle.

The threads for the star on those are m14x1.0 I believe. A 114h gear sleeve could be used ifl the pin location was moved, and the main gear reamed a few thousandths.

1Forecon

If the 400h uses the same sleeve as the 600 or the 300/350 I'd like a 400h sleeve in stainless for sure!

Cortez_Conversions

Hold on to them Daron, I don't need them right now,I just need to gauge the interest and quantity. ;D

Thanks for the info 1Forecon, do you know of any of the others sharing a sleeve?

Adam, is it a clean match with the 114h sleeve or just so-so? Are the handles compatible or would a person have to switch to a Penn handle?
It might make more sense to have a second hole in the 114h sleeves and have them work for both.