ISWB945 Italian Flipping Stick

Started by Newell Nut, June 24, 2015, 04:04:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newell Nut

One of my buddies here has been waiting for a rod for his Newell 220 and since he worked in Sicily for a few years he was really wanting Sal's rod. Now I don't like to do two the same so there are some differences here and he actually thinks that I doing Sicily colors and was not extremely excited when I told him my choice of colors. He has no idea what I am delivering to him tomorrow. ;D ;D This is a Rainshadow Blank in a custom green color for my mentor that is building FLW bass rods. If you order from anyone else it is a grey color.

Shark Hunter

Very Nice Rod Dwight! I don't know if its just me, but I think your work is getting better with time. ;)
Life is Good!

Dominick

Quote from: Shark Hunter on June 24, 2015, 04:12:07 PM
Very Nice Rod Dwight! I don't know if its just me, but I think your work is getting better with time. ;)
In the words of the inimitable Keta...yup.   :D Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

BonitaBch

Nice rod, think that your friend is going to like it!
Bonita Beach, FL

Bryan Young

Very nice work.  Looking at the rods that are being built today just makes me want to start wrapping rods again.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Tightlines667

Quote from: Bryan Young on June 24, 2015, 05:47:52 PM
Very nice work.  Looking at the rods that are being built today just makes me want to start wrapping rods again.

Nice work!  These are getting better and better, and you have me thinking of clearing some space on my scheduel to try my hand at this.
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

Newell Nut

Thanks guys, I don't think that I am making them better but I am coming up with different ideas for dressage or color schemes. Still trying to do what my buddy calls "Less is more" which is basically not getting too busy but still dressed nice and unique. First priority is still "Built for Battle."

Alto Mare

That's a beauty Dwight, I'm sure he'll be very pleased. Maybe now he lost interest in mine ::) ;D.
Keep showing us your projects, you're getting very creative with the wrapping ;)
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Newell Nut

Thanks Sal, Larry was very pleased and you would be amazed at how far it will cast with a Newell 220 and 1.5 oz weight. I did a test cast with my reel in the bass lake behind the house and first cast was about 75 yards and almost hit the bank on the other side.