USPS Shipping Positive Review

Started by coastal_dan, June 24, 2015, 06:45:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coastal_dan

I looked and have no idea where this should go...wasn't sure about putting it in the 'For Sale' section or the "General Procedures"...Mods please move as you see fit...

I just had about my 25th USPS transaction with the Priority 2-Day system (their box, their slip, includes tracking and $50 insurance).  That's not that many for some of you, but for me it is and every single one of those has been a positive transaction!  On time, easily followable on their website ( www.usps.com ) and the USPS workers actually CARE!  If I know its going to rain I leave a garbage bag in my door...they PUT it in there!

Prices aren't super cheap, but the convenience of 2 day shipping anywhere in the country is awesome.  Most of the time I use the Medium box @ $12.65.

Ted (Max Doubt) shipped me a box this way and I've been doing it ever since (Thanks Ted!).

So, if you are looking for a super cheap way to ship and don't care about time, this isn't it, haha.  BUT...I've been really happy sending stuff this way.  Hope this helps some others out there as I felt shipping was always a pain until now  :D
Dan from Philadelphia...

Where Land Ends Life Begins...

Keta

Most of the time the USPS is very good, it's when they deliver a $400 order of line to the wrong town and do not take responsibility for it that hurts.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

conchydong

Knock on wood, I have also had pretty good results shipping with the USPS. My local mailman is a pretty good guy and goes out of his way for me if I make a special request without going through the paperwork.

Dominick

I have over 30 years of good service with the USPS for my business.  Very little problems with them over that time.  I am a big fan.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Shark Hunter

Me too. I use my own box and use two day priority. Print the label at home. I give it to the mail lady when she comes. Best thing ever! Never have to leave the house. ;D
Life is Good!

coastal_dan

Two boxes going to HI today....same low price....dang I love these boxes, haha.
Dan from Philadelphia...

Where Land Ends Life Begins...

bill19803

Had  first   serious   encounter  with  USPS efficiency   this past  week  thought id   share

Sent   9   pl-68s  to buddy in Santee  Ca.  USPS   2 day  priority  mail   on  1-22-16   for   our  use on  Long Range trip leaving on 2-9-16    Got  to santee 1-30-16  so much  for  2  day.

sent  some other  stuff  to a  buddy  in  Irvine,  CA   who is also going  long  range  on another  boat  2-9-16  at  the  same  time.  same  2  day  priority  mail same  shipping   time.   Notified    via  tracking   that   it  went to  Anchorage  AK  got here   1-30-16  Shipped   from Ak  to  ca  on  1-30-16   sure  hope  it  makes  it  to  CA  before  he leaves  on  boat.  so much  for  2  day. It was still in  Philadelphia  at  end  of  2  days   (30  miles  traveled)

then i  did  some checking   delivery  is  NOT guaranteed in  2  days  and  there  are  no refunds  for late  shipments. looks like  priority  mail is  just  first  class  by another  name  with  some  tracking  thrown  in  for the  extra fee.

I know  lots  of  guys  use  USPS   and  are happy  Im not one of them  sorry to  say. So beware on 2  day  shipping  it  aint necessarily  so

mizmo67

I wish I could rave, but we ship a lot and I've got at least 2 to 3 orders a week that go sideways or MIA.
And I swear the sorting folks in Bellmawr are on drugs..sigh.
~Mo

Maureen Albertson :)
Scott's Bait & Tackle / Mystic Reel Parts (Formerly PennParts.com)
Contact Me Via Store Website Please!
Orders/Support# +1 (609) 488-4637 (parts ordering or troubleshooting)
customerservice@mysticparts.com

mikeysm

My experience with USPS is hit and miss also. It depends on where it is shipped from. But UPS and FedEx are much worse. If you get something from Florida it goes to New York before it comes to California and sits there several days before it leaves. Within California it is fast one to two days. Maureen I received your parts on my last order very fast.

Keta

Mo, I always get my shipments from you in 5-6 days, one day more to me due to our semi remote location.  I hate using Fed X but UPS has always been good here.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

RowdyW

Fed X is the absolute worst. They should rename it Fed Up. 15 days Ca. to FL.

mizmo67

I imagine there are problems with all the shipping services. We just notice the USPS problems more because they are the bulk of our shipments.

Wish they'd all get their acts together but it is what it is!
~Mo

Reel 224

Quote from: mizmo67 on January 31, 2016, 05:13:26 PM
I imagine there are problems with all the shipping services. We just notice the USPS problems more because they are the bulk of our shipments.

Wish they'd all get their acts together but it is what it is!

Mo; I agree with your first statement usps I's the pits in NJ as far as I'm concerned. Ive had to many problems with there service and sorting is the main problem. I have in the past shipped through UPS and they where great, but I have not had any experience with them lately. The mailman has dropped mail that was to large far my mail box under the front gate in the shrubs several time I was lucky to spot it!! My wife has complained several time to the local postmaster, that went now ware!

Joe
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

mizmo67

I'm sure the quality control varies from hub to hub.
Different management, staff, etc.

Would be nice if customer complaints got better responses!
~Mo

oc1

If you need it to get there on time then use FedEx because it's guaranteed unless they issue a service alert because of bad weather.  USPS is less expensive but they take their time about it.  Some packages going from the mainland to Hawaii arrive overnight while others are literally put on a boat.

-steve