Smooth Drag Washers Abu 7000

Started by Rivverrat, June 28, 2015, 04:20:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rivverrat

Have a couple of older 7000 CT-3's . Received the new bearings & drag washers from Dawn. I was doing a complete rebuild of these 2 reels for my son Luke to use. The drags in both of them are so much better than they were at any time before. It will now be a hard thing for me to completely turn them over to Luke.
I no longer have to crank the star as hard & as far as I did before to reach the level of drag I want. While I never put a scale on either of them to see what the drag would max out at I think I can safely say they now put out more drag than would be wise to fish with these reels. Being that I consider them 30 lb. 40 lb. line reels at most.

My first experience with replacing older style washers with these. I am very pleased....Jeff

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Dawn

Dawn

Reel 224

Quote from: Dawn on June 30, 2015, 02:37:11 AM
Glad you like them  ;D

Dawn

Dawn is that a Catahula that is in you Avatar with you? I may have misspelled Cat-A-Hula.
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

Dominick

Quote from: Reel 224 on June 30, 2015, 03:33:01 AM
Glad you like them  ;D

Dawn

Dawn is that a Catahula that is in you Avatar with you? I may have misspelled Cat-A-Hula.
No Joe it's a dog.   :D ;D :D ;D Dog-in-ick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Reel 224

Quote from: Dominick on July 01, 2015, 03:18:16 AM
Quote from: Reel 224 on June 30, 2015, 03:33:01 AM
Glad you like them  ;D

Dawn

No Joe it's a dog.   :D ;D :D ;D Dog-in-ick

;D ;D ;D Dominick you kill me ;D ;D That was funny right there I don't care who you are. But do you know what a Catatahoula is, Without a grass skirt,buy the way

Joe-ka-loola   http://www.catahoularescue.com/catahoulas.htm
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

Dominick

No I never heard of the breed.  Thanks for the link.  I Googled it when you posted last.  Looks like a German Shorthair.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Reel 224

Quote from: Dominick on July 02, 2015, 02:13:19 AM
No I never heard of the breed.  Thanks for the link.  I Googled it when you posted last.  Looks like a German Shorthair.  Dominick

As I understand it they are used to hunt Hogs in the south. I do know they are one of the nicest breeds for intelligence and gentleness.   

Dawn

Yes it is a Catahoula.  Best dog ever.... ;D   I have read they can be difficult, but haven't had any problems with him.
His family line was bred for herding.  I didn't set out to get one, we happened to have an old dually truck, we ended up trading for the dog.  He was 8 weeks old.
I'm sure I got the best end of that deal. 

Dawn
Dawn

Reel 224

Quote from: Dawn on July 09, 2015, 03:16:11 PM
Yes it is a Catahoula.  Best dog ever.... ;D   I have read they can be difficult, but haven't had any problems with him.
His family line was bred for herding.  I didn't set out to get one, we happened to have an old dually truck, we ended up trading for the dog.  He was 8 weeks old.
I'm sure I got the best end of that deal. 

Dawn

Every experience that I have had with the breed has been an excellent one, to me they are one of the best mannered dogs Ive seen. My wife raised and showed as well as taught obedience and show classes. She raised Brittany's from 1985-2003 and knows something about dogs, and would say it is all up to who is training the dog. Ruth is here and said that knowing the lineage of the dogs is valuable to have that knowledge also. Eight weeks is the best time to purchase your puppy, everything they learn in the first two years is the most important. Ruth started right away with her puppies after weening that is. Training them to stand for examination, walking on a leash, where to go to the bathroom and etc. By the time they were ready for sale in eight weeks people would comment how easy it was to work with the puppies and make the transition to their home. I love the Brittany breed but I also love the Catahula they are an awesome breed.

Good luck with your Catahula and I think you made a great trade, by the way what's the dogs name?     

Dawn

His name is Harley.  He is 3 years old now.
He's been easy to work with, he really wants to please and he's quite a patient dog.
I've taught him to trot along side when we ride bicycles (on leash).  He loves it.
Dawn

Reel 224

Quote from: Dawn on July 09, 2015, 03:55:09 PM
His name is Harley.  He is 3 years old now.
He's been easy to work with, he really wants to please and he's quite a patient dog.
I've taught him to trot along side when we ride bicycles (on leash).  He loves it.

That's cool Harley as in Harley Davison  ;D Ruth was saying that working the dog on a long line like that is a great way to exercise you dog, it will definitely build out his chest.   

exp2000