Penn Senator 114 6/0 washer sequince

Started by 71outdoorsman, June 28, 2015, 06:25:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sharkin904

Well, It appears I missed the curved (bellville?) washer under the handle. Reel is reading 25-27lbs on my little luggage scale consistently. BUT...this is the same scale that keeps reading 65lbs on my 12/0, so I'm not sure how much I trust it. ($8 luggage scale that marks peak pressure, from Walmart)

Shark Hunter

That's too much for the 12. That much drag for any amount of time will damage the reel or send you skiing.
Life is Good!

Alto Mare

Quote from: Sharkin904 on October 01, 2015, 10:30:57 PM
Well, It appears I missed the curved (bellville?) washer under the handle. Reel is reading 25-27lbs on my little luggage scale consistently. BUT...this is the same scale that keeps reading 65lbs on my 12/0, so I'm not sure how much I trust it. ($8 luggage scale that marks peak pressure, from Walmart)
Time for a new scale, a 12/0 with stock washers will only give you around 35lb, maybe a couple of lb more if you really botton down.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Sharkin904

Hahah right?! I see it taking me for a ride lol. Ordered a nice scale off of Amazon just now. But I'm using the reel this weekend so I'll go on and install the new drags. I'll let y'all know what the new scale says.

day0ne

I use the plastic (or rubber) covers you get at an auto parts store that are used to block off air or vent lines. Easy to pull off.
David

"Lately it occurs to me: What a long, strange trip it's been." - R. Hunter